Nintendo switch online family plan sharing is against Nintendo’s terms of service

Posted 26th Jul 2023
Just a FYI.

nintendo.co.jp/sup…tml

For those of you don’t understand Japanese, the main point of interest is below;

ニンテンドーアカウントの仕組みを利用した有料でのソフトの共有

Sharing of game through sharing of account with financial transaction.

I don’t know how they will crack down switch online family plan sharing but it is a banable offence if you get paid for it. It is not so much the sharing because that’s what you are supposed to with family plan but it is the aspect of financial gain.

Don’t shoot the messenger and I don’t work for nintendo. Probably nothing to worry about but being aware is always good.
Community Updates
New Comment

7 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I've been doing it years and had no issues.

That could easily change though I guess.
    That is nothing to do with NSO family plan. That is regarding selling a Nintendo account with purchased game(s).
    Author
    Unfortunately it does if there is financial transaction involved and there are games you can only play with switch online subscription. If you gave them away for free then it’s a different question.

50665999_1.jpg

As I said, I don’t know how they would track this but more of a case of if they find out then they would ban you rather than they actively seeking people who does this.

I got this email today because I have a Switch with Japanese account and live here some of the time in the year. I haven’t received any email from Nintendo UK but I presume TOS is not too different between countries. (edited)
Top Merchants