Picture settings for Samsung TU8500 50"

Posted 6th Dec 2020
Hi, did anyone manage to get one of these over the last couple of weeks, I know they were going in and out of stock all over. I managed to bag one from John Lewis, but I'm struggling to get the right picture settings particularly for good flesh tones - they seem a bit washed out? Another example, there was a picture of someone putting money on a white tablecloth, you couldn't see the edges of the notes they just blended in?

This was an SD broadcast mind you, that could be part of the issue, but then again watching a bit of Back to the Future yesterday looked pin sharp.

So could anyone please share their picture settings on here to help out?

Many thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

3 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Don't forget SD signals vary a lot and the picture you get can only be as good as what you are putting in. Our TV gives a really good picture on HD and 4K but some regular terrestrial channels can be poor at times. You could try these calibration settings from Rtings - rtings.com/tv/…ngs
    Download some picture demo tests. Stick on USB stick and try out.. Quick Google I found this one but others demolandia.net/4k-video-test/brands.html
    That's 4k and you might not have a 4k so look about (edited)
    Author
    Sorry for the late reply guys, thanks for the suggestions. Would the rtings settings for the 8000 TV be the same for the 50" 8500? Not sure if they're the same panel, or indeed if that even makes a difference?
's avatar
Top Merchants