Samsung HW-Q990C vs Sonos Arc + 2 x One SL's

Posted 10th Nov 2023 (Posted 2 h, 26 m ago)
Pretty much in the title - trust this has been debated many times but I have very little knowledge when it comes to these things so hoping someone could help me out a little.

Use case:
Living Room (Debating between S90/S92 and C3 77")
Office & Gaming room (Already purchased a Hisense 55U7HQTUK which is still boxed)

I'd definitely like to 'future proof' and try to add the capability of streaming music across the house, which I believe Sonos is great for, though comes with a hefty price tag.

Now my debate is whether to go for a standalone solution for the living room and office/gaming room respectively. Or if there are alternatives
Community Updates
New Comment

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    This question was asked a few times during the recent soundbar deals.

It was a resounding win, by a long way for the Samsung. Don't even think there was any debate in it if I remember right

Comments along the line of the Sonos not being in the same ball park (edited)
    Author
    Tried looking through a few threads but still couldn’t gauge it but thank you for your insights.

Can I ask - any reason in particular?

Would you know of any ‘seamless’ multi room systems that would be comparable to Sonos?
    Are you sure you really need multi-room?
    I have Google Speakers in every room and the multi-room feature works really great, but I've rarely used it.

I tend not to change rooms when listening to music, unless I'm cleaning
    Author
    It’s a fair challenge mate - more than anything I guess the whole idea of adding/upgrading something within one ecosystem is very tempting. Sort of like building blocks when you’re ready.

What makes it even more confusing is that the One SLs we’re going for £107 earlier today so I’m very tempted to put them in all the rooms and have the option of playing throughout.
    Author
    How daft of me. Can a mod update the title to say: Q990C Samsung Q-Symphony 11.1.4ch 22 speakers Cinematic
's avatar
Top Merchants