Tablet for drawing

Posted 12th Aug 2023
My daughter has been to an art club recently and has just turned 11. She had a shot of a tablet there but doesn't know what type it is. She says she could draw on the tablet and change colours, fade what she's drawn, delet sections etc. Sounds a bit like Microsoft paint from the 90s when she described it .
Anyway, can someone recommend a tablet for allowing her to draw on it and save the pictures etc? Looking to spend about £150.
Also, anyone know which apps would be best for this and I could maybe try it on my own tablet first.
Thanks!!
Community Updates
New Comment

4 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I can recommend the Samsung Note (can't recall what model I have). You need a tablet that supports pen input - there are many apps you can download to then do the drawing with (I haven't bothered looking, but I want that one you see in the adverts where you draw 1 part of the design and the app mirrors it - hopefully it's not unique to the Windows platform!)
    iPad, if you can stomach apple products, are great for this apparently and then it's a stand alone device.

If it was a drawing tablet connected to a computer then I would recommend xpen Artist 13.3 Pro. My daughter has one and she likes it. You then need to factor in that your computer is up to spec for running the programs on it. (edited)
    Author
    Thanks, all our phones and tablets etc are non apple products currently and I have purposely stayed away from them since I had an iPhone 3 many years ago.
    Would like a stand alone android if that was possible?