Talk/text sim turkey

Posted 10th Aug 2023
Does anyone know a talk/text sim I can take to turkey to contact the UK?

I know you can get data sims but looking to make calls/messenger txts.

if anyone can help. Thank you.
Community Updates
New Comment

5 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    When you say “calls” do you mean actual phone calls or would WhatsApp calls do? If WhatsApp calls will do you just need a data connection. I’ve used Airalo in Turkey for that very reason a couple of times.
    Turkey is outside most companies roaming sims area.....only ones I know of personally are Lyca AloTurka bundles that start at £15 a month for the AloTurka S. There also M (medium) and L(large) versions.

S bundles start with !5 GB of data a month but only 5GB of that can be used in Turkey.

lycamobile.co.uk/en/…ve/

Maybe give Lyca a call though and check out what calls you make back to the UK though ...

Otherwise you can get Turkish Tourist sims when you get the other end but youve got to buy them with a passport present. Every phone or sim card in Turkey is required by law to be registered to someone....Turks or Tourists..... (edited)
    Lycamobile turka sim

get an esim, so you can still have your original sim in your phone
    Two companies have roaming in Turkey as an easy to get bundle, LycaMobile on the AloTurka Sims, and CMLink UK. Lyca will probably be cheaper and give you a more generous allowance, plus it has eSIM which can be easier. Do note local SIMs can be cheaper and a few of the tourist options do include calls/texts back to the UK, you can look at the three providers Turkcell, Turk Telecom and Vodafone.
    As above, Airalo for data to cover WhatsApp. But need a recent phone like iPhone SE 2020 or newer with Apple or one of a handful of eSIM supporting Androids. For real phone calls, install Skype and put a fiver on it (non expiring credit). You can even put your mobile's UK caller ID on Skype so people know who's calling.
's avatar