Groups
    EXPIRED

UV Nail Drying Lamp.....does it work with normal nail polish??

Does anyone know if UV Nail drying lamps can be used to dry normal nail polish, or if it is just for Shellac polish? Any recomendations for a decent low price lamp please?

8 Comments

dont know about the lamps but saw on tv last week a woman fill a sink up with very cold water and put her fingers in for a minute and out came dry smudge free nails.. she used normal nail polish..

Nail Drying Lamps are just another gimmick,when my wife paints my nails i wiggle them around for 40 secounds and thay dry,uv lamps on fleabay cheap and will do the job,but realy blow and wiggle thats what i do.
    Edited by: "timtom13" 18th Feb 2012

Bowl of water with a couple of ice cubes does the trick.

I use the cold setting on my hair dryer for my toes.

Is shellac easy to put on?

Original Poster

LoveHearts

Is shellac easy to put on?

Yes, it is ok to put on. I just wondered if I invested in a lamp it would do for both Shellac (for which you need a uv lamp) and normal polish. Would save a fortune getting it done at the salon. The cold water and cold setting on hairdryer won't work for shellac

karagh

Yes, it is ok to put on. I just wondered if I invested in a lamp it … Yes, it is ok to put on. I just wondered if I invested in a lamp it would do for both Shellac (for which you need a uv lamp) and normal polish. Would save a fortune getting it done at the salon. The cold water and cold setting on hairdryer won't work for shellac

Thanks for your reply, I just took my acrylics off today after wearing them for years and I wanted to try Shellac. Have you heard of or tried Blue Sky shellac? they have it really cheap on Ebay.

As far as UV light goes I think you could use it on normal polish because at the salon I went to for my nails everyone whether they had acrylics or their natural nails dried them on the UV light.

Original Poster

LoveHearts

Thanks for your reply, I just took my acrylics off today after wearing … Thanks for your reply, I just took my acrylics off today after wearing them for years and I wanted to try Shellac. Have you heard of or tried Blue Sky shellac? they have it really cheap on Ebay.As far as UV light goes I think you could use it on normal polish because at the salon I went to for my nails everyone whether they had acrylics or their natural nails dried them on the UV light.

Ok, thanks. I think I will invest in a lamp. I don't know anything about Blue Sky(or any of the other makes on ebay, but would be really interested to know if anyone else has tried it.

msjames

dont know about the lamps but saw on tv last week a woman fill a sink up … dont know about the lamps but saw on tv last week a woman fill a sink up with very cold water and put her fingers in for a minute and out came dry smudge free nails.. she used normal nail polish..

Snog, marry, avoid? ha (_;)
    Edited by: "amfan" 18th Feb 2012

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764309
    2. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism11
    3. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63219
    4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917266

See more discussions