Anyone used Dimprice?

Posted 12th Oct 2021
afternoon all,

has anyone used dimprice.co.uk ? They seem to be very cheap compared to the rest of the net.

examples

• airpods pro £164
  • ipad pro 11 inch (2021) £640
  • apple watch series 6 £280

trust pilot reviews seem pretty good, however the site does seem a little dodgy.

thanks

G
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

62 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Gwizz2012/10/2021 20:57

Grey market goods? What does that mean please ?

A manufacturer abroad has its own distribution channels for different markets. Lets say a camera maker in Japan sells cameras to europe for a price. The european distributer has warranty facilities etc. The camera maker also sells cameras to south america for a different price and they have their own warranty support functions etc. A grey import is where you in europe get hold of a south american camera, probably cheaper. No problem if it works, but should it need repair and you go to the european distributer, they won't honour the warranty as the warranty is with the south american distributer.
    Dodgy website...
    2 people sign up and suggest their orders arrived within a week.. Please don't be fooled by fake accounts.. Don't waste your money.. And even if they did arrive, which they won't, you would be in line for a heft customs charge...
    I ordered my galaxy ultra 512g from dimprice and I haven't found any issues with them at all. They delivered my phone without any issues and it works perfectly well, good on dimprice if you want the discount go for it if not pay the full wack ! :/
    Direct from China. Grey market goods.

Owner of the company resides in China. Avoid.
    Ok so I got the tracking email, link wouldn’t work yesterday when I got it but did this morning and they arrived an hour ago, all fine and working. Sometimes you gotta take a punt!
    Author
    rickmister199215/10/2021 08:17

I’ve now received tracking information via an email this morning after a …I’ve now received tracking information via an email this morning after asking. They also responded via WhatsAppDelayed in their response to their website times, but can now rest easy somewhat, I’ll update once the product has arrived.

Sounds promising!
    Have to give praise here, they pulled through. Arrived today (much later than promised) but are the real deal.

started to become impatient seeing delivery was still not here till today.

Checked the serial number with apple & I bought a pair from apple in the meantime (they’ll be going back today) and compared, they are real. There is however an issue with the “12” month warranty being there is only 9 months left on my device.

Had a US sticker price on too but didn’t get flagged at customs. besides that, well chuffed! (edited)
    Wahey glad you received them, know I'm responding to a really old thread but ordered some about a week ago and they've not turned up yet... this is reassuring
    rickmister199226/10/2021 15:02

Have to give praise here, they pulled through. Arrived today (much later …Have to give praise here, they pulled through. Arrived today (much later than promised) but are the real deal.started to become impatient seeing delivery was still not here till today. Checked the serial number with apple & I bought a pair from apple in the meantime (they’ll be going back today) and compared, they are real. There is however an issue with the “12” month warranty being there is only 9 months left on my device. Had a US sticker price on too but didn’t get flagged at customs. besides that, well chuffed!

I ordered macbook pro 2020 m1 512gb and a little worried. You received your order , check the serial number and it s original apple product with 1 year warranty? Pls help with some information. Thank you
    I just placed an order for a macbook pro 2020 m1 also, will let you know if/when it arrives and check the serial number
    Hi everyone , the website it s genuine , i just received my Mac book pro after 7 days i check the warranty on Apple store so everything it s ok

Update :. The Macbook have many fault they not want to give me money back. Everyone not buy from them it s cheater! Buy from genuine store! (edited)
    Bought an iPhone. When I opened the packaging I saw that the seal was not sealed down properly. I returned it for a different reason - wanting a different model thinking they would just refund it. They accused me of unsealing the product so took 30% off the refund. Despite many complaints (many being bounced back by the server) they they still scammed me for £223. Stick with Apple or trusted supplier for your Apple products.
    I have had dealings with Dimprice which have led to me being £200 worse off in that I was sold a phone not suitable for the UK market (Google Pay won't work) and in belief phone was not new. Company want to apply a 30% drop in value for its return stating I broke the box seal ( there was no seal).
    I could not and would not reccomend Dimprice Buyer Beware
    I think these people compete with Asda smart price.
    Just bought some airpod max’s today via my credit card from this retailer. Let’s see what happens. Also grey goods ain’t a thing with apple, they honour warranties globally.
    Author
    Tom.Wilson12/10/2021 17:58

Direct from China. Grey market goods.Owner of the company resides in …Direct from China. Grey market goods.Owner of the company resides in China. Avoid.

Grey market goods? What does that mean please ?
    It means they are selling goods outside the intended market and exporting them to another country.
    So, goods authorised by the manufacturer to be sold in say China, are being sold in the UK.

Depending on manufacturer, it's possible that the manufacturer may not honour the warranty as they will argue the warranty is only valid in the intended country of sale (so in this case, China). (edited)
    Author
    rickmister199212/10/2021 18:41

Just bought some airpod max’s today via my credit card from this retailer. …Just bought some airpod max’s today via my credit card from this retailer. Let’s see what happens. Also grey goods ain’t a thing with apple, they honour warranties globally.

Nice, please let me know how it goes !
    Pandamansays12/10/2021 21:36

A manufacturer abroad has its own distribution channels for different …A manufacturer abroad has its own distribution channels for different markets. Lets say a camera maker in Japan sells cameras to europe for a price. The european distributer has warranty facilities etc. The camera maker also sells cameras to south america for a different price and they have their own warranty support functions etc. A grey import is where you in europe get hold of a south american camera, probably cheaper. No problem if it works, but should it need repair and you go to the european distributer, they won't honour the warranty as the warranty is with the south american distributer.

Depends on the manufacture though, Samsung, Sony and the like won’t honour warranties.

Apple is the exception to the rule. (This will however affect regional warranty rights e.g mandatory EU warranty of 2 years etc)
    Gwizz2012/10/2021 20:58

Nice, please let me know how it goes !

Well it’s been a day and an afternoon now, no dispatch notification and my transaction has been flagged for “fraud review”

I’m not feeling confident.
    Author
    rickmister199213/10/2021 20:57

Well it’s been a day and an afternoon now, no dispatch notification and my …Well it’s been a day and an afternoon now, no dispatch notification and my transaction has been flagged for “fraud review” I’m not feeling confident.

rickmister199213/10/2021 20:57

Well it’s been a day and an afternoon now, no dispatch notification and my …Well it’s been a day and an afternoon now, no dispatch notification and my transaction has been flagged for “fraud review” I’m not feeling confident.

There hasn't been any update to your order because your bank have held the payment. Once you have spoken to them and verified the transaction, they will release the payment.

So i wouldn't worry about no update to your order as the seller hasn't received funds yet.

I haven't used this site before so can't vouch for their legitimacy, but i have used similar sites before and always had to go through this process.
    jabintendo14/10/2021 05:53

There hasn't been any update to your order because your bank have held the …There hasn't been any update to your order because your bank have held the payment. Once you have spoken to them and verified the transaction, they will release the payment.So i wouldn't worry about no update to your order as the seller hasn't received funds yet.I haven't used this site before so can't vouch for their legitimacy, but i have used similar sites before and always had to go through this process.

Not true, monies gone from my account.

Still at the same status, no reply to my email …. Seeming dodgy tbh.
    rickmister199214/10/2021 11:32

Not true, monies gone from my account.Still at the same status, no reply …Not true, monies gone from my account.Still at the same status, no reply to my email …. Seeming dodgy tbh.

I ordered same product and did her email confirmation immediately, and a despatch confirmation following day (3 days ago). Delivery quotes 6-8 days so let’s see
    I’ve now received tracking information via an email this morning after asking. They also responded via WhatsApp

Delayed in their response to their website times, but can now rest easy somewhat, I’ll update once the product has arrived.
    stephen.hilton16/10/2021 12:51

Ok so I got the tracking email, link wouldn’t work yesterday when I got it …Ok so I got the tracking email, link wouldn’t work yesterday when I got it but did this morning and they arrived an hour ago, all fine and working. Sometimes you gotta take a punt!

Great news! Did you check the serial number via apple to confirm they’re real?
    Still haven’t had them, stuck on “in transit” last 2 days now with a dodgy looking courier site named 724ex.

Tomorrow will be day 5 since ordering for delivery.

Not here by Friday I’ll be raising a dispute with my card company.
    rickmister199219/10/2021 12:12

Still haven’t had them, stuck on “in transit” last 2 days now with a dodgy …Still haven’t had them, stuck on “in transit” last 2 days now with a dodgy looking courier site named 724ex.Tomorrow will be day 5 since ordering for delivery. Not here by Friday I’ll be raising a dispute with my card company.

Their website is 100% dodgy on the dodgyometer.
    Website registered 18 June 2021, and expires 18 June 2022.
    "Contact Us" address is shared with 126 other companies.
    No landline contact phone number, only a mobile number.
    Scam detector scores it 7.8 out of 100. Whilst a low score doesn't necessarily mean there's a problem I've not seen a good site with a score this low before.

It might be a legit site, personally I would pay more to buy from somewhere that looks less suspect.
    cis_groupie19/10/2021 14:42

Website registered 18 June 2021, and expires 18 June 2022."Contact Us" …Website registered 18 June 2021, and expires 18 June 2022."Contact Us" address is shared with 126 other companies.No landline contact phone number, only a mobile number.Scam detector scores it 7.8 out of 100. Whilst a low score doesn't necessarily mean there's a problem I've not seen a good site with a score this low before.It might be a legit site, personally I would pay more to buy from somewhere that looks less suspect.

Courier site now not working

See what happens tomorrow, only took a punt as £200 cheaper & I did it before with an iPad with a now defunct company called eglobal electronics, did take time but turned up.

worst that happens credit card gives it back as they are jointly liable.
    Hi, I ordered yesterday and have not received a confirmation of order. Getting pretty worried, did this happen to anyone?
    MihaiDaniel_Munteanu21/11/2021 13:26

I ordered macbook pro 2020 m1 512gb and a little worried. You received …I ordered macbook pro 2020 m1 512gb and a little worried. You received your order , check the serial number and it s original apple product with 1 year warranty? Pls help with some information. Thank you

I was going to do the same. I would appreciate if you can update us on how your product looks
    Gone through the comments and just want to make sure this site is legit???
    I bought an Airpods Max on 22th of Nov,it has been in transit for 5 days. I do not know I can get it befor Christmas
    Just purchased Airpods for £105, not too discounted. But about £15 less that normal shops, john lewis etc. Haven’t received anything emails, dispatch nothing etc
    Hi! Did you recive it? Was it authentic?
    I not recommended at all , the product come but with many fault !! And not want to give money back! Buy from genuine store , not look for 20-50$ cheaper !
    Juliet_Nwaneho21/12/2021 15:22

Just purchased Airpods for £105, not too discounted. But about £15 less t …Just purchased Airpods for £105, not too discounted. But about £15 less that normal shops, john lewis etc. Haven’t received anything emails, dispatch nothing etc

This happened to me. Check your junk. I orders beats pods. They took twice the time to arrive but are genuine for small products!
    MihaiDaniel_Munteanu24/12/2021 10:26

I not recommended at all , the product come but with many fault !! And not …I not recommended at all , the product come but with many fault !! And not want to give money back! Buy from genuine store , not look for 20-50$ cheaper !

What fault did it come with? Curious as if it is an Apple product and it is a major fault, you could just go to apple store and get it fixed / replaced with a new one. Apple is one of the companies which offer worldwide warranties.
    I was a disappointed customer paying £209.00 for a mobile phone for my son whos birthday was on the 28th, purchased phone on the 23rd January. Emailed customer support 3 times as phone shows in transit in the hub at the 31st January. No further movement to show it had reached the hub. I have finally received an email 04/02/2022 where they apologise for the delay and we should see the phone later this week or next. We have finally received the phone. If suppliers mentioned the timeframes for delivery more accurately, even if this does mean a longer time to wait. I would prefer to know this rather than not knowing at all and the order looks like it will never be fulfilled. (edited)
    Hi! Was the product original?
    PS503/02/2022 19:21

Comment deleted

I’ll be honest the headphones are great and working still but the faff and me mentioning to then on WhatsApp I would claim against the credit card …. I wouldn’t recommend unless you have a credit card to back you.

Also read into these sellers, the way they get the products so cheap tells me it’s either stolen goods (like off the back of a lorry) or something else.

either way I got lucky? Apple verified the legitimacy of them via the Genius Bar.
    Just ordered airpods from there, still in transit
    Hi! Was it original?
    Barry_Boughen22/03/2022 14:11

I have had dealings with Dimprice which have led to me being £200 worse …I have had dealings with Dimprice which have led to me being £200 worse off in that I was sold a phone not suitable for the UK market (Google Pay won't work) and in belief phone was not new. Company want to apply a 30% drop in value for its return stating I broke the box seal ( there was no seal).I could not and would not reccomend Dimprice Buyer Beware

The alternative to this was to use Android Pay.
    I would suggest not using - packaging seemed cheap and inauthentic and theyre return policy is short without option for exchanges.
's avatar
Top Merchants