Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Anyone returned stuff to Wilko store?

Posted 18th Oct 2016
I bought some wood varnish from Wilko store about 40 days ago and still have the receipt. I don't need the varnish anymore as I have decided to do something else but never got round to returning the product.

Am I out of time to get a refund? Their receipt does not seem to have a timescale for the refund, it just says that a receipt is required.
Community Updates
New Comment

16 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Jesus Christ mutley.... Surely even you can type 'Wilko returns policy' in to Google or pick up a phone to ring your local store.
    deleted12678323/08/2019 04:54

No. Stop resurrecting ancient threads lol

Especially mutley's ancient threads.
    RossD89

Jesus Christ mutley.... Surely even you can type 'Wilko returns policy' … Jesus Christ mutley.... Surely even you can type 'Wilko returns policy' in to Google or pick up a phone to ring your local store.

They probably asked as its 40 days instead of the usual 30 days. No harm in asking is there, really? If it bothers you that much, you could just pass their post and give your attention to where you feel its more deserved.
    I know people who have bought paint and used it and decided they didn't like the colour and got a refund at wilko....they have one of the craziest returns policies I've ever seen!
    Author
    To the critics of why post a question that you can Google, as some have replied, I took the varnish back and they refunded no problem.
    RossD89

Jesus Christ mutley.... Surely even you can type 'Wilko returns policy' … Jesus Christ mutley.... Surely even you can type 'Wilko returns policy' in to Google or pick up a phone to ring your local store.

Maybe Google is broke on his computer
    Author
    thamiz

They probably asked as its 40 days instead of the usual 30 days. No harm … They probably asked as its 40 days instead of the usual 30 days. No harm in asking is there, really? If it bothers you that much, you could just pass their post and give your attention to where you feel its more deserved.

This. Someone may have been able to return stuff in store beyond the 30 days. The refund policy on their website also refer specifically to items ordered over the website, not in store.
    Hey Mutley, I work for Wilko and to be fair they have one of the best returns policies on the High Street. You will get your money back, no problem. If you didn't have your receipt you would still get "goods to the value".
    Author
    NinjaDinosaur

Hey Mutley, I work for Wilko and to be fair they have one of the best … Hey Mutley, I work for Wilko and to be fair they have one of the best returns policies on the High Street. You will get your money back, no problem. If you didn't have your receipt you would still get "goods to the value".

I will ask them. No harm hey? Thanks
    found wilko to be really good with customer service.

Im sure they will at least offer a credit note
    I work for wilko also. And yeah, won't be a problem
    i took some paint back from months ago which ive lost receipt. they gave me full refund onto a card
    Author
    deleted128749004/11/2018 17:04

Comment deleted

it may help if it is a wilko brand as then they know it is from their shop. if you are lucky they may give you a credit note if you don't have a receipt, this is what m&s does. no harm in going into the store and ask nicely at customer service.
    NinjaDinosaur18/10/2016 19:16

Hey Mutley, I work for Wilko and to be fair they have one of the best …Hey Mutley, I work for Wilko and to be fair they have one of the best returns policies on the High Street. You will get your money back, no problem. If you didn't have your receipt you would still get "goods to the value".

If I bought some paint at full price then following day price dropped due to sale. Could i get the difference refunded with just the receipt?
    boss91199922/08/2019 23:23

If I bought some paint at full price then following day price dropped due …If I bought some paint at full price then following day price dropped due to sale. Could i get the difference refunded with just the receipt?

No. Stop resurrecting ancient threads lol
's avatar