EXPIRED

Anyone returned stuff to Wilko store?

I bought some wood varnish from Wilko store about 40 days ago and still have the receipt. I don't need the varnish anymore as I have decided to do something else but never got round to returning the product.

Am I out of time to get a refund? Their receipt does not seem to have a timescale for the refund, it just says that a receipt is required.

12 Comments

Jesus Christ mutley.... Surely even you can type 'Wilko returns policy' in to Google or pick up a phone to ring your local store.

RossD89

Jesus Christ mutley.... Surely even you can type 'Wilko returns policy' … Jesus Christ mutley.... Surely even you can type 'Wilko returns policy' in to Google or pick up a phone to ring your local store.

Maybe Google is broke on his computer

RossD89

Jesus Christ mutley.... Surely even you can type 'Wilko returns policy' … Jesus Christ mutley.... Surely even you can type 'Wilko returns policy' in to Google or pick up a phone to ring your local store.

They probably asked as its 40 days instead of the usual 30 days. No harm in asking is there, really? If it bothers you that much, you could just pass their post and give your attention to where you feel its more deserved.

Original Poster

thamiz

They probably asked as its 40 days instead of the usual 30 days. No harm … They probably asked as its 40 days instead of the usual 30 days. No harm in asking is there, really? If it bothers you that much, you could just pass their post and give your attention to where you feel its more deserved.

This. Someone may have been able to return stuff in store beyond the 30 days. The refund policy on their website also refer specifically to items ordered over the website, not in store.

Hey Mutley, I work for Wilko and to be fair they have one of the best returns policies on the High Street. You will get your money back, no problem. If you didn't have your receipt you would still get "goods to the value".

Original Poster

NinjaDinosaur

Hey Mutley, I work for Wilko and to be fair they have one of the best … Hey Mutley, I work for Wilko and to be fair they have one of the best returns policies on the High Street. You will get your money back, no problem. If you didn't have your receipt you would still get "goods to the value".

I will ask them. No harm hey? Thanks

found wilko to be really good with customer service.

Im sure they will at least offer a credit note

I work for wilko also. And yeah, won't be a problem

I know people who have bought paint and used it and decided they didn't like the colour and got a refund at wilko....they have one of the craziest returns policies I've ever seen!

i took some paint back from months ago which ive lost receipt. they gave me full refund onto a card

Original Poster

To the critics of why post a question that you can Google, as some have replied, I took the varnish back and they refunded no problem.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1954
    2. Virgin Media Price Hike retention Deals1318
    3. Old one pound coins are they worth more then their face value24
    4. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 187 ***1128

See more discussions