Best courier service to return IPhone

Posted 1st Feb 2023
Hi All

ive taken out a mobile contract with Vodafone with an iPhone handset. Unfortunately the 5G service is shocking even though the coverage map shows excellent. I'm within the 14 day cooling off period.

Any advice on best courier service to use to return to Fonehouse. I'm aware of Next Day via Royal Mail but does that cover value of iPhone. Any better options?

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

19 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Lack of acceptable/reasonable service?

Best to invoke "right to reject" rather than your indicated intention of "right to cancel",
    where r2r legislation means simply (quote);
    the consumer has a duty to make the goods available for collection by the trader
    so no obligation for you to identify or pay for the return,
    assuming the supplier actually wants it back and can be bothered to collect.

So "just" inform the trader of order rejection rather than cancellation, and wait for the supplier to collect, or accept the supplier's return label if you are flexible enough to take the rejected item to the supplier's preferred courier's premises.
    Do not part with the goods until the supplier's agent provides you with a receipt.
    Author
    Thanks I will look into this. 

it seems Royal Mail special delivery is around £25. Any other cheaper options with reliable Couriers.
    Evri are supposed to be good
    What at?
    Only use Royal Mail special delivery
    Do not use any other courier, too risky and long drawn out compo process of it goes wrong.
    This, best for coverage, and claims, etc. No one should anything else for expensive items, you have been warned!
    Drive to the shop/warehouse
    Carrier pigeon 🕊️
    Royal Mail Special Delivery plus you pay for additional insurance to cover the cost off the phone.
    Bang on, cover yourself.
    Not sure if the cover phones due to battery.
    take a photo of your phones I el and serial number etc.
    Edit: (deleted as rubbish)
    (edited)
    Phone must be returned to Fonehouse not Vodafone (edited)
's avatar