Car Tyres

Posted 30th May 2022
Hello HUKD Community,

Could someone point me to cheap tyres for my car.

Looking for 225/45 R19 96W

I have searched google and cheapest available is about £80 (fitted). I would have thought they may be around £55-£60.

Thank you in advance
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

14 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    ATS normally cheapest for me by a few quid a corner. I don’t buy budget tyreshowever. (edited)
    Don’t forget that those 4 small contact patches keep you on the road, me personally, never cheap out on tyres, especially with the variable weather in the UK.
    You want cheaper tyres buy smaller wheels.
    Your asking slot for £60. Good luck
    Black Circles
    Asda Tyres
    National Tyres have deals on some ranges
    £70.30 each is the best I can find so far.
    Tyre shopper, Fitted at National tyres.
    Use code for 5% off TSLM572756

tyre-shopper.co.uk/aut…2WX
    Just for the tyres, no fitting from mytyres

47534369-9aasM.jpg
    Tyres have become expensive in recent years. I usually buy Goodyear's and they often have offers on such as up to £50 Amazon vouchers. There is a current offer for Goodyear's from Hi-Q for a night away for two.
    goodyear.eu/en_…tml (edited)
    Try Costco - but I think you’ll find these tyres are proportional in cost to the car they belong too (edited)
    You're looking at part worn for that price, that's the only time I've seen 19 inch tyres for that sort of money.
    Search your local area. By me there is a family tyre business and they only charge £60. I didn’t even know about it till I started speaking to locals as it’s well hidden but it’s a gem
    Tyre prices are going up.
    Try Oponeo, Accelera PHI for £67 each tyre includes delivery. These are made in Indonesia.

I was a loyal Goodyear / Hankook customer and shifted to these. I am a moderate driver as I don't push my car hard. Have done a few long distance trips of over 1k miles and no issues. Just go slow on country roads when it's raining.

A little bit about the company from their website.
    Accelera tyres are produced by PT. Elangperdana Tyre Industry in Indonesia. Established in 1996 Accelera tyres are manufactured in a well-planned factory located three kilometres north of the Sentul International Circuit.
    The factory contains all the latest technology and machinery and the majority of their tyres are produced for the European market. They aim to produce safe, innovative and customer focused tyres.
    Accelera manufacture low cost tyres which perform best in dry conditions. (edited)
    £55 for 19" tyres living in dream world mate. Also remember, your car is only as good as it's tyres (edited)
's avatar