Currys login issues

Posted 23rd Jun 2020
Has anyone had trouble logging into the Currys website recently? I've reset my password repeatedly over the weekend but every time it fails to recognize the new one. It's very frustrating and has cost Currys a washing machine as I got fed up and purchased elsewhere.
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

124 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Don't know if anyone is following this thread but the issue seems to have been resolved with an update of the website. It's about time as well I've finally managed to change my password and use my account again
    Don't know if anyone is following this thread but the issue seems to have been resolved with an update of the website.
    Thank you for the heads up! I can confirm I can log in to my account again, but there's no order history due to it being a new system.

Either way, I'm glad this has been resolved. I genuinely wouldn't want them to go the way of Comet and others as my local store is great. (edited)
    Currys problem logging in. Issue has not been resolved after all this time. Go to the log in page and you just get stuck is a loop of entering your email and password over and over again. You can reset your password quickly and easily (but you can't log in with the new password either).
    I had this problem since 3 years ago, never was able to resolve it through customer service and twitter. I just gave up and just order via "Guest"
    axgod215/02/2021 16:35

lol i got the same message from web chat, called the number and all it …lol i got the same message from web chat, called the number and all it does is text you a link to webchat lol

They’re a joke, mate
    Hi all. I’m having the same issue. Managed to get through to someone on the phone (0344 561 0000). They said they’re aware of the issue and have told to advise customers to clear their cookies/cache and try to log in. They said if the password reset doesn’t work then a new profile needs to be set up. I’ve cleared cookies/cache, tried logging on from different devices , but still can’t get in. Maybe someone else may have better luck.
    A company which sells the latest technology but won't invest in it's own IT... Says it all really
    carey_cox01/12/2020 21:18

Hey people. I hope you get this far down the thread. I have battled for 3 …Hey people. I hope you get this far down the thread. I have battled for 3 years to rectify my forgotten password. I have been to hell and back with Curry's. I won't go into too much detail, but all I will say is their customer services dept are useless.I have finally managed to reset my password, on my own, without the help of curry's. I went into my extensive list of blocked email addresses and deleted the lot (Hotmail), but I'm sure there is this facility on most email platforms. Over the years I have added that many addresses to my blocked list. I thought I would give it a try and remove them all.. Hey, I'll just have to start again in blocking them. Low and behold, I left it a while and tried clicking the link on the curry's website for forgotten password. I must have clicked it a few too many times, the next thing I know is I have 4 emails in my junk file from curry's to reset my password. Woo hoo. 3 years in the making. I have finally logged onto the curry's website. Perhaps you may need to look at your blocked lists, you may have blocked them without realising. Worth a try. Good luck.

I think the problem is different between us.

I have the correct the password. But cannot login.

Requested and received password reset email no problem. Reset password. Currys do not take the new password neither.

From reading the replies, a lot people are having the same problem as mine. The problem is not we cannot received password reset email. The problem is Currys does not let us login no matter what password we reset to and how many times we reset. (edited)
    reddeviluk21/12/2020 09:00

I'm not sure if be spending any money with Currys. Given the year they've h …I'm not sure if be spending any money with Currys. Given the year they've had and the fact that they don't seem to be able to actually deliver purchased items, let alone run a website correctly, think they'll go the way of Rumbellows before you know it.

Rumbellows - haven’t heard that name for a few years.
    Ad3726/11/2021 18:30

This is still an ongoing issue. Can't sign in or create a new account …This is still an ongoing issue. Can't sign in or create a new account using the same email address regardless of browser, app or device used.

Their much hyped 'new' website is the same underlying old piece of garbage website with new fonts and header
    No1_Dave29/11/2021 00:56

Also have this problem for quite a while, googled and finally came across …Also have this problem for quite a while, googled and finally came across this thread.Originally registered with Currys many years ago (probably 10 years), ordered from them maybe once or twice a year (sometimes even less), but haven't used them for a while so had to use reset password last year, but never been able to login even after reset (I don't think I got any reset emails from them!), so finally gave up and registered a new account using new email address.That new account has been sort of working ok since last year, so can login (when after a few months I get auto logged out), but just tonight wanted to order something (Currys right now have a few big cashback rates), I was logged in (probably a few weeks ago logged in and ticked "remember me"), but during the checkout process tonight it keeps asking to re-enter password again in order to move to next step in the checkout, entered but keeps giving the "Your password was incorrect, please try again, or continue as guest", won't move to next step.I've done the reset password process again, and this time I do get the reset email from Currys, and confirms pw has been reset, but tried logging in, Currys website is now saying "An unexpected error occurred, please try again or later".I've checked and I know I entered the correct pw, because when I enter a clearly wrong pw the message changes to "Sorry, either you aren’t registered using the email address you have provided or the password you entered is incorrect. Please try again."So what the hell is going on with their website!? I just tried checking out without first logging in, during the checkout process it's asking me to login, when I entered pw it's still giving the "pw was incorrect" error, even though it's just been reset and is definitely correct. I'm tempted to checkout as guest, but will that affect cashback from Quidco or TCB? anybody have experience of this?

Mate just sack them off and don’t give them the custom their lack of care for customers is abysmal in this situation basically tell you to screw off if you try chasing it.

Needs some publicity and that would make them sort it. Surely a consumer show would do a story a tech company can’t maintain there own website.

Must be thousands of users and hell of a lot of lost revenue. (edited)
    Yeah mines never works wouldn't let me log in even though I've reset my password nine times interestibg though that it still let me buy something :/ I just can't see my old orders (edited)
    Hi, I ended up here from a google search. I am having the same issue since yesterday, it was all working fine until then. Just want to see the status of my orders but cannot log in. I tried resetting the password, got a new one but the problem stays the same.
    yahoohuang07/12/2020 09:53

I think the problem is different between us.I have the correct the …I think the problem is different between us.I have the correct the password. But cannot login.Asked and received password reset email no problem. Reset password. Currys do not take the new password neither.From reading the replies, a lot people are having the same problem as mine. The problem is not we cannot received password reset email. The problem is Currys does not let us login no matter what password we reset to and how many times we reset.

Same. Original password stopped working. Have successfully reset password four times, however the new password never works.
    I contacted Curry’s over this, they were responding at first but have ignored me since I clarified the issue and pointed out this discussion thread. They for sure know it’s a real issue, but seem incapable of fixing it. Embarrassing for a company that sells tech.
    Found this thread after trying to login to my Currys account, I know the password for my is correct as I have a password manager.

Requested a reset password link and reset the password using the password manager and as others have said, still failed to login.

So I requested another reset password link and set the password to something basic as I have seen occasions where the password managers password is accepted by an application but actually turns out the app does not support long or complex passwords with dashes or other non alpha numeric characters. Still no luck.

Seems silly that this has been an ongoing issue as now I'm wondering if I should really give Currys my business.
    Same here! Such a pain - wish I'd found this thread rather than wasting my time trying to get it resolved with customer services. Advice is to just make another account which is really annoying as you ahve to use another email address and there's no way to delete your old account as you can't login to it!
    Half a year later and this issue still exists and their support is non existant :/
    Still an issue.

Literally the only website over the course of my life that is unable to complete the simple task of reseting an account.
    Tried to login, kept saying 'unexpected error'. Tried to reset password, says 'unexpected error' but then I get the reset email. Click on it, try to reset password, as soon as I click to go through it says 'this password reset email has expired'... I've clicked on it the second it comes through! Absolutely pathetic that an online retailer could have this many issues with account logins, can you imagine the amount of customers who have thought 'Ahh feck this, I'll just order from *other retailer whose site they can log into*?!
    bleachingshane30/10/2021 13:00

[Image] Here is Currys response when I just reported the issue on Twitter. …[Image] Here is Currys response when I just reported the issue on Twitter. Good luck to them, at this rate they won't have any customers that can log into their site to make purchases... And they wonder why they're going out of business...

Disgusting really not a chance I’m making another account I’ll just use John Lewis, Amazon etc they seem to care about customer accounts.
    This is still an ongoing issue. Can't sign in or create a new account using the same email address regardless of browser, app or device used. (edited)
    Also have this problem for quite a while, googled and finally came across this thread.

Originally registered with Currys many years ago (probably 10 years), ordered from them maybe once or twice a year (sometimes even less), but haven't used them for a while so had to use reset password last year, but never been able to login even after reset (I don't think I got any reset emails from them!), so finally gave up and registered a new account using new email address.

That new account has been sort of working ok since last year, so can login (when after a few months I get auto logged out), but just tonight wanted to order something (Currys right now have a few big cashback rates), I was logged in (probably a few weeks ago logged in and ticked "remember me"), but during the checkout process tonight it keeps asking to re-enter password again in order to move to next step in the checkout, entered but keeps giving the "Your password was incorrect, please try again, or continue as guest", won't move to next step.

I've done the reset password process again, and this time I do get the reset email from Currys, and confirms pw has been reset, but tried logging in, Currys website is now saying "An unexpected error occurred, please try again or later".

I've checked and I know I entered the correct pw, because when I enter a clearly wrong pw the message changes to "Sorry, either you aren’t registered using the email address you have provided or the password you entered is incorrect. Please try again."

So what the hell is going on with their website!?

I just tried checking out without first logging in, during the checkout process it's asking me to login, when I entered pw it's still giving the "pw was incorrect" error, even though it's just been reset and is definitely correct.

I'm tempted to checkout as guest, but will that affect cashback from Quidco or TCB? anybody have experience of this? (edited)
    I still can’t sign in with the correct email and password is anyone else still having problems signing in?
    My two accounts have been like that for weeks, just created a new account for Spotify codes, no point in trying to call them at the moment
    my currys account has been like this for over a year now. i contacted currys and they said that they can't fix the issue and that i should create a new email and new currys account. i told them this is really bad as i don't want to end up with lots of email accounts simply to shop with them. i asked them if they could delete my account so i can open a new one with the same email address but the number they gave me to call last year got no where so i have to create a new account every time i shop now as the new account soon gets locked again!
    Aha, now the penny drops! I honestly thought I'd forgot my password, but I also don't remember opening an account. I couldn't login as my 'password was invalid' (not surprising as I don't have one). I tried forgot password and it said there was no account for that email (Yep, that is correct), but I still got a password reset email!! Of course that failed.

What is irritating me though is that I've placed one order for two items, normal delivery so arriving before the 29th. I got an email yesterday saying I would get a delivery today, then another email today saying that it was tomorrow. The links go to DPD who say they haven't even received my items, let alone have them out for delivery! Of course, nothing arrived today, so I'm still without anything to show for all this hassle. I can only assume the two items are arriving in two consignments, which given their different sizes is expected.
    I'm having the same problem and have used both my wife's and my own email address. It's easy enough to set up a new email address for an account but to be honest I'm of the mindset that as this is primarily an IT company and they can't get the basics of IT right then I'm probably trying to do business with the wrong company. Stuff them, ebuyer it is.
    daver7712/10/2020 14:34

same here, password reset does not work

After speaking to them over a period of 3 days on their Facebook chat and then fobbing me off and ignoring my messages or having them tell me that if it works for them it can’t be broken
    I finally got some one to admit it’s a known problem and they are fixing it ( I’ve read elsewhere people having this problem for over a year now),

If your worried about logging in to pay for Xbox preorder they told me a separate email would be sent with a link to your Registered email and there’s no need to login and it won’t be linked to your account,

If your not Xbox related I’d recommend waiting a few days and trying to login again with your new password,
    that seemed to work for me as the Facebook chat people couldn’t look at the system or peoples accounts
    exact same login issues here aswell. live chat agents say they arent trained for this type of issue,gave me an email address for complaints to raise the issue..they replied 5 month later saying to contact the uk dept as theyre irish based lol yet the link on currys site takes you to them anyway haha. a phone convo revealed as other posts say thay currys are aware of the issue but no timeframe for a fix. ive bought quite a few things and would like proof of purchase info incase i ever neex a warranty claim but cant get into my account..very frustrating but also theres peoples personal data stored which needs securing/deleting if currys cant fix the issue. like someone said, a simple IT issue that they cant fix lol....some company they are :-)
    Yep same for over a year! Its like chasing your own tail. Mine states email not recognised so I try and register then low and behold this email already exists so i password reset and it states no email exists then i go to emails and there is a password reset link, I click on that and it states passwork link has expired & it goes on & on. Have tried messaging them no joy!
    Yeah me too I'm afraid tried clearing cache to no avail
    I have the same problem
    Same here....reset my pw multiple times. Still cant log in.
    Same here. Poor from Curry's.
    Same here - still. Crap
    Same here. Unbelievable incompetence of Currys.
    Came across this thread having done a Google search. I thought I was going mad because I couldn’t understand why I couldn’t log in to my account. This is ridiculous
    aikon8206/01/2021 11:40

I have the same problem, tried resetting over and over again and leaving …I have the same problem, tried resetting over and over again and leaving it a few months in-between. Finally decided to use web chat who asked me to repeat the same steps I told them I already did. In the end I was told they couldn't help me even though I advised the simplest solution is to just delete my account.

Pretty sure under GDPR they have to delete your account if you make a valid request
    Thought I was losing my marbles, been trying to track an order but can't due to not being able to log in.

So annoying
    Oh gee, seems like a long term issue. I just rung their customer services too to make a case about it.
's avatar
Top Merchants