Doro mobile - Vodafone help

Posted 15th Jul 2023
Hi.
My mum uses a Doro mobile phone on the Vodafone network. Recently, she can receive calls, but the other person can not hear her, but she can hear them.
As the phone was old, we got a new one, but the issue has continued with the new doro 6040. Vodafone has said that it's the mobile that's broken, but this issue has been carried on with 2 separate phones.
Just had a new sim card, but that won't work. I think it's because Doro and they are still on 2g for a lot of their phones.
Any help would be appreciated as my mum really needs a mobile for her hospital appointments and the newer phones are too strange for her.
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

10 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    you should test the vodafone sim to see if it is faulty by using it in a standard mobile phone, use yours to do the test for example, then that will identify if it is a network/sim card problem or the doro phone.

my husband's phone had the same problem recently, where he could hear the other person but they could not hear him. it was a standard mobile phone and we tested the sim and identified it wasn't the sim that was the issue. eventually it turned out to the a blockage on the microphone hole on his phone, so whatever he said was not going through to the microphone. so test the sim first on a standard mobile phone and see if the sim is the issue.
    Author
    Good idea.. was going to do that then I realised that I couldn’t open my Samsung as I didn’t have one of those ‘thingys’ that you need to open the backs nowadays.
    i will try that tomorrow
    [deleted]
    Author
    Thanks for that, she really doesn’t want a ‘better’ phone. She has no interest in the internet. She just wants a phone that receive calls and texts… and doesn’t need charging every 5 minutes.
    the phone says No network when it was inserted.
    I will try it in my Samsung tomorrow.
    What happens if the SPK function is switched on? I think this should allow it to be used without it being held and so overcoming any tendency to accidentally cover the microphone.
    Author
    Strangely enough.. we did that and it worked.. but the next time it didn’t… 
    I don’t understand why it’s doing the same thing but on two separate phones.
    Sometimes, the person using the phone subconsciously covers the microphone with a part of their body so nobody at the other end can hear a thing. When using the speakerphone facility the user tends to hold the phone away from them and so more often than not does not cover the microphone.
    That's my guess what is going on here but to be sure a physical observation would be required. AbilityNet or AgeUK are charities which can help in situations like this.
    Author
    I used the phone and rang my own phone and my brother couldn't hear me. Its deffo an issue with, either the phone or the sim card, going round after to have another go.
's avatar