Editing an eBay listing after promotion.

Posted 3rd Feb 2022
I listed a couple of items at the weekend when it was the 80% off ebay fee promotion. If they were to sell now they would subject to the 80%off fee.

I want to edit the listings and lower the price on these items. The listings were buy it now and 30 days long or until sold.

Will I still be subject to the 80%off fee still or will it revert to full fee with me editing and saving the listings?
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

9 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    You should be charged at the promotional fee. Lots of sellers set up 'holding' listings and then edit later.
    Ashbeck03/02/2022 08:33

Sorry to jump on the same thread but had a related question. I forgot to …Sorry to jump on the same thread but had a related question. I forgot to add an item on last week's fvf offer but have one from the previous one (3 weeks ago), can I change the listing including the category? I.e. It's a completely different type of item from toy to electronics

I believe changing the category will cause you to lose the promotional offer so you will have to pay full fees.
    The only thing that I am aware of that you shouldn't change is the quantity. The terms state it needs to be a single item listing to qualify for 80% FVF fees. Other than that I think you should be fine but probably worth having a read of the terms for any other caveats.
    I edit my listings and don't lose the promotional offer; in fact, I sometimes add some dummy listings in case I forget listing something or a buyer backs out. Just remember to remove the unsold listings on day 29 as they will automatically renew on day 30 with the full fee.
    Author
    Thanks for the replies
    Sorry to jump on the same thread but had a related question. I forgot to add an item on last week's fvf offer but have one from the previous one (3 weeks ago), can I change the listing including the category? I.e. It's a completely different type of item from toy to electronics
    Ashbeck 03/02/2022 08:33
    Sorry to jump on the same thread but had a related question. I forgot to add an item on last week's fvf offer but have one from the previous one (3 weeks ago), can I change the listing including the category? I.e. It's a completely different type of item from toy to electronics

yes you can, think that promo was 70% off

AMaky03/02/2022 10:07

Ashbeck 03/02/2022 08:33Sorry to jump on the same thread but had a related …Ashbeck 03/02/2022 08:33Sorry to jump on the same thread but had a related question. I forgot to add an item on last week's fvf offer but have one from the previous one (3 weeks ago), can I change the listing including the category? I.e. It's a completely different type of item from toy to electronicsyes you can, think that promo was 70% off

Oh yeah forgot about that. I'll wait for the next one. Thanks!
    JonDacasco05/02/2022 23:12

Comment deleted

Perhaps it's a case of if you change the sub category it retains the promotion but if you change the main category you lose the promotion.

I don't have personal experience of this but am going off of comments from several users on here who made comments on the eBay promotional deals - this was about 2/3 years ago - apparently, eBay had cottoned on to people creating fake listings during promotional fvf periods and then amending them later once the promotion ended.
's avatar
Top Merchants