Posted 9th Jul 2023
Hi all looking for suggestions for best electric shaver around the £50 ish mark
as had mine bout 5 years now so it’s going to shaver heaven —-TIA
Community Updates
New Comment

11 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I'm surprised that two different people have suggested Philips OneBlade. I've tried one and just can't get along with it as a shaver. It will trim long hair down, but just leaves me with uneven stubble. I can't get a close and even shave out of it at all.

I Personally found that Braun foil shavers are the best for a quick, close shave with smooth skin afterwards. For me with sensitive skin, it definitely seems to be the best in that department too.

The Braun Series 3 will come in within budget and does a good job. It's available with or without pop-up trimmer. If you would like to step up with a few extra features like the swivel head then the Series 5 is on offer right now if you are happy to stretch your budget a little further too.

If you prefer rotary shavers, then I rather surprisingly found that Asda/George own brand for about £10-15 outperformed a Philips shaver that cost £60 in my experience. For a cheap little shaver it was great, but still just can't cut as close as the foil ones above.
    +1 for the Braun Series 3.
    Philips Oneblade
    I like rotary shavers and Philips used to be my go-to. When it came to replacement time, discovered that a replacement Philips with the essential for me pop out clipper attachement would be nearly £100, plus replacement blades were expensive. So went for a Chinese brand that's well reviewed and around £40. The head isn't very robust and broke due to over enthusiastic cleaning, got a replacement head and been more careful since. I like the simple charging via standard micro usb like a mobile phone.

amazon.co.uk/gp/…JXA
    Grow a beard 🧔
    The Phillips One Blade is a solid choice. Had mine a couple of years and it's been brilliant.
's avatar