Epson Projector EB735F

Posted 24th Aug 2023
Got this for £680 pounds. It’s fairly loud at 30db from 2.5m away but a lovely picture. Only issue is black level even though it says 2,500,000:1 contrast and is a laser.

Any advice?

avpartsmaster.co.uk/eps…17?
Community Updates
New Comment

4 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    This looks like a commercial/educational projector, it's likely nosier than a model designed for home use and as for the poor black levels, again this could be due to it not specifically being designed or marketed as a home cinema projector.

I suspect you cant do anything about the noise other than put it in some sort of eco mode and reduce the light output and I assume fan speed. As for the poor black levels, if you're not already using one have a look at grey/high contrast projector screens - these will boost contrast ratios and if money is not an issue, you can get special UST screens specifically designed for ultra short throw projectors like this that dont reflect ambient light, just light up from the projector
    Author
    Spent some time sorting out calibration today and got it as dark as the greys can go. Detail in the ‘blacks’ is now good enough to see tiny details in reflections in the dark.

It’s definitely a softer image than 4k, but I’d say at 70 inches in 1080p 4k downscaled it looks as good as I could get for 679 quid.

Wife would t let me get a big tv lol