EV chargers ?

Posted 3rd Aug 2023
Currently in the market for an at home EV charger, I've seen this ev-extras.com/pro…ted which seems to tick the boxes but i cant find many reviews, does anyone have one ? Or can you recommend an alternative
Community Updates
New Comment

4 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Looks cheap. Remember you need the cable too. Link for fitting service doesn't work, so you'll need to arrange that separately (or diy).
    I would advise you to get a 10m cable.
    As my friend has found when trying to charge at say Tesco, Sainsburys etc, ice cars park in EV bays.
    So a cable that reaches to a bay or two over is a good idea.
    sevadis.com/

Highest standards and lowest price.

Have used these guys at two different work locations and am very happy.
    Have a look at Ohme chargers I have had one for 4 years, their app is really easy to use.
    They link very easily with time of use tariffs from companies like Octopus Energy, I am currently getting 6 hours of electric @ 7.5p kWh (and sometimes more as I am on their Intelligent Octopus tariff) so am currently paying less than 2p per mile.
    Get one with a tethered cable as you don't want to be sorting cables out in the wet or putting a wet cable in the boot after it rains.
    They will point you to an installer although a lot of qualified electricians install them now as well which might work out cheaper.
's avatar