Fortnite - cheapest way to get v-bucks?

Posted 23rd Aug 2021
Hi my daughters recently started playing fortnite and the content is costly!

I'm all new to this, is there any cheaper method of getting v-bucks?

We've purchased a few things from eneba but only UK content, not sure if the Brazil stuff would work with vpn? (xbox)

Many thanks =)
Community Updates
New Comment

10 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Buy the Battle Pass. As long as you level up to at least 100 each season you will earn enough V-Bucks for the next season's battle pass plus about 550 V-Bucks to spend on what you like. You also get a whole bunch of skins etc as a part of doing the challenges each season. So Total cost should be £6.50
    Not just for v bucks but my tip is to buy an Xbox digital gift card from cdkeys, the most economical way is the £50 one for £45.99 so 8% discount, also go through tcb for 1.7% cashback. Then you can use the balance to purchase anything as she'll probably start wanting different skins etc.

Edit...I've just bought an Xbox digital gift card from cdkeys and it had already been activated, their customer service absolutely stinks, Microsoft inform me that it was redeemed before I purchased it but cdkeys are ignoring my request for a refund.

(edited)
    Not just for v bucks but my tip is to buy an Xbox digital gift card from cdkeys, the most economical way is the £50 one for £45.99 so 8% discount, also go through tcb for 1.7% cashback. Then you can use the balance to purchase anything as she'll probably start wanting different skins etc.

Edit...I've just bought an Xbox digital gift card from cdkeys and it had already been activated, their customer service absolutely stinks, Microsoft inform me that it was redeemed before I purchased it but cdkeys are ignoring my request for a refund.

I hate to say it, but you are right, getting free V-Bucks is impossible and most sites are a scam. The truth is that CD keys are the cheapest option if you are looking to get V-Bucks at a good price, even if some stores give you problems, you can get them even cheaper than in microsoft. You can look for a lot of offers in price comparators like this one: gocdkeys.com/en/…key But if you want to save worries, buy them directly from Microsoft. (edited)
    If she's only just started playing then I'd advise to get the battle pass first. This costs 950 V-bucks but if you manage to complete it all by the time the season is over you'll actually end up with more than you started with. This also unlocks other things along the way such as new characters, stickers etc.
    Author
    Mrcrazyman6923/08/2021 08:25

If she's only just started playing then I'd advise to get the battle pass …If she's only just started playing then I'd advise to get the battle pass first. This costs 950 V-bucks but if you manage to complete it all by the time the season is over you'll actually end up with more than you started with. This also unlocks other things along the way such as new characters, stickers etc.

With the battle pass does she get to keep the content when the season is over?
    dark_like_vader23/08/2021 08:26

With the battle pass does she get to keep the content when the season is …With the battle pass does she get to keep the content when the season is over?

Yes.

Also, the "starter packs" are a good deal.
    It's also possible to sometimes get free outfits depending on which platform you use. If you use Playstation it's quite common for them to give away an outfit on the PS store if you have Playstation Plus, but I'm not sure about the other platforms. Battle pass is definitely the best option for someone just starting out as it gives rewards for progression so it keeps you interested.
    As has been said Battlepass is your best bet. Buy once and the subsequent ones should then be free if your daughter retains the vbucks. Working through it will also have a number of skins, emotes etc with normally one or two collaboration skins ( so for example this season includes superman and Rick from Rick and mortuary as well as half a dozen or so others).
    Starter packs are normally about £3.50 and as well as a skin bundle these normally include some vbucks too so my daughter normally purchases these too.

There is only about 3 weeks left on the current battle pass mind you so you may want to hold off to get the benefit as the skins / free vbucks are only available as you work through it so your daughter wouldnt be able to unlock too much in this season. (edited)
    I buy my son the crew pass at the start of every season, it is £10 a month and gets you exclusive skins, a battle pass and vbucks. Then vbucks and skins each month until you need a new battle pass. You can pay every month or just occasionally. I usually just do the first month of the new battle pass and its up to him to spend his vbucks wisely
    Author
    Great thanks guys I'll definitely get her the battlepass and hopefully will keep her happy for a while =)
's avatar
Top Merchants