Full fibre router question: FRITZ!Box 7530 or Technicolor DGA4135

Posted 22nd Sep 2023
Hi all

I am trying to work out which of these two routers will provide the best speed (wired and wireless) on our* CityFibre 900Mbps connection. I am aware that the former is a lot older than the latter, but I believe FRITZ!Box routers have been fairly strong performers in the past with regular software and hardware updates. I am also aware that the Technicolor features WiFi 6, but we do not currently have any devices that would benefit from this and do not intend to change this anytime soon.

Many thanks in advance.

* 2 adults, 2 children (gamers!), 4 wired connections/devices, 20 wireless connections/devices
Community Updates
New Comment

5 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Any particular reason you've chosen those two? Are they what the ISP offer?
    Author
    Thanks for your reply. My new ISP has sent me the Technicolor and I still have the Fritz!Box from my old ISP.
    I don't really understand what you want help working out when judging the results of swapping between the two routers.
    The new router will work with all your devices, WiFi 6 is just 2.4 and 5 ghz. WiFi 6e works with devices set up to work with 6ghz. I’m using the dga4135 WiFi 6 router and it’s working perfectly on all my smart home devices with a great range. New updated equipment is generally better.
's avatar