Getting Sky installed - New customer

Posted 3rd Aug 2023
Hi,

Looking to get traditional Sky TV installed (not Glass or stream) as I don't want to rely on the Internet for the stream as out in the sticks - hence virgin is not an option too.

Want basic tv but both sky sports and TNT (BT sports) in HD..

Sky don't seem to have a person you can actually speak to (just online forms) so don't seem to be able to haggle..

Any tips or recent experience?

Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

2 Comments

's avatar
    Some shopping centres have sky reps in them. I was always able to get a good reak when speaking to them.
    As someone who basically only watches sport on live TV now. Sky don't really publicly offer a sports-only package that'll save you any significant money. By the time you've added the sports, the HD, the Sky+, the BT, the 4K... It ends up being as much as the current promotion for all in one packages.

As Denny_masters said, almost all large shopping centres will have a booth with sales agents. They'll want commission so they'll probably be able to give you a deal or tricks to save money.

I would also wager good money on BT/TNT sports losing Champions League rights to Amazon when they next go up for auction so be wary of getting a contract that's too long.