I have a faulty air conditioner from CPC Farnell which is now over two years old!?

Posted 29th Jul 2023
Hi! I bought a 14000BTU Portable Air Conditioning Unit - PELL0061

4175157-nsSk8.jpg
I bought this item on 31/05/21 22.54 . It’s been faulty since before Christmas but i foolishly didn’t follow up on it! So it’s probably my own fault if they won’t help in either refund or partial refund or replacement etc!

I contacted them via email on the 19th of July but they haven’t replied except with a standard email response saying they were very busy and would hope to reply in 2 or 3 days which they have not done!

I’m wondering where I stand as it’s been over two years since purchase but less than 5 years which I understand could become applicable under some law!

I’ve posted here because if I’ve not got a leg to stand on then I’ll purchase a replacement very soon as ebay currently have a 20% off code so would be handy for getting at a reduced price!

Maybe who I think comments regularly on this sort of predicament! And also seems to be a bit of a night owl! Sorry to name drop!?

Thanks in advance!
Community Updates
New Comment

11 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Assuming purchaased as a consumer not buiness it should be a fairly standard dull Consumer Rights Act claim related to premature failure, unless you or CPCF or the manufacturer believe the product is a POS and does not have mandatory durability to last beyond 2 years.
    Consider compiling your claim letter whilst researching typical longevity of similar units
    which.co.uk/con…lgZ

Also consider that the trader that shifted you the prematurely-failed rubbish will likely want confirmation that the issue is not abuse-related such as you permitting the device to be chased around your garden by your vicious pet goldfish, meaning you may be reasonably asked to obtain and fund a bustedness report from a credible expert, and add the report cost to the claim.
    Author
    Thanks Andy!I purchased it as a consumer as far as I’m aware! Could I have unknowingly have purchased as a business? I’m not a business. In regards to the trader wanting confirmation that the issue is not abuse related, I don’t know how to do that! Since I purchased it’s been in the same position, not moved at all except for rotating and tilting to empty the water that is contained in the air conditioner itself! I’ll have a read up later on the which link and the consumer rights act. Thanks again.
    Hard to take this seriously with the incredible overuse of exclamation points.
    You may have a point & a vertical line (edited)
    Author
    I’ve just realised I’ve had a response:

Good Morning

Apologies your purchase of an Air con Unit has developed a fault.
    The product only has a 12-month supplier warranty from day of purchase due to the purchase date 01/06/21 we are unable to
    Offer a return for credit or replacement.

Lou.
's avatar
Top Merchants