Looking for a good 4K TV with gaming options

Posted 12th Jul 2023
Ideally the TV would be max £500 (though happy to go slightly over if I can get bundles with soundbars etc). Would be hoping to get one with a variable refresh rate though for I'm finding anything over 60hz hard to come by.

In terms of size, any TV upwards of 43 inches would be good.

Does anyone have any recommendations or am I asking too much
Community Updates
New Comment

11 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    For gaming I personally think U asking for too much. I bought LG C2 48inch model when costco recent had a clear out for 699£ and that was a bargain! I think U can get that model now for 799/899£? I looked for 5 year warranty included too, just in case.

Now I'm on the hunt for C3 model big screeen for main room 😁
    Author
    I did just pop to my local Curry's and they had a 50 inch Samsung Frame on clearance for £650, I was very tempted but left it for now!
    I'd look at Hisense TVs if your budget is only £500 as they do have some cheap 120hz TVs which would be ideal for gaming. This one for example hotukdeals.com/dea…175
    Author
    Are Hisense TVs typically good though? I've had one of their TVs for a couple years but it's always slow to update, the Bluetooth connection for the Alexa remote has never worked and it's full of really odd apps. I'm hoping that's just a one off though
    Bear in mind VRR and the ability to show high frame rates are opposites of one another. VRR gives most benefit at low frame rates and at high frame rates you'd typically favour BFI which are mutually exclusive with VRR.

Of course you are at the mercy of the game developer as to what frame rate the output is on given hardware so if you're trying to get different options to cover different games that's fair enough.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants