Meaco dehumidifier reccomendations

Posted 12th Jul 2023
Hi
I want to purchase a dehumidifier this summer for the upcoming winter. Mainly to dry laundry. I am after a 20l one.

I would like to purchase from John Lewis as I have some vouchers to use up.

Please could someone recommend which one is good and if they have used Meaco dehumidifiers before.

What are the main differences between these two. The green one has been out of stock for some time .

Thanks for all your help.

I found this at John Lewis & Partners. What do you think? johnlewis.com/mea…148
I found this at John Lewis & Partners. What do you think? johnlewis.com/mea…768
Community Updates
New Comment

10 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Meaco Arete has 5 years warranty

£246 if you purchase somewhere else
    Author
    I have a £10 code on John Lewis over £150 spend and also some gift cards. Not sure if they price match anymore
    You're probably better off getting a heat pump dryer if it's mostly for drying clothes
    We've got the first one you linked to - it's great! Would definitely recommend it. It really helps laundry dry much quicker, so if that's one of your main uses for it, I don't think you'll be disappointed.
    Author
    That seems to be out of stock for a long time. It’s stock on Amazon though. I wonder if the grey one is a newer model but same thing?
    I have the 10lt one, its been running 24/7 for over 2yrs without faultering, sometimes the digital display has a numpty but it works very well.
    We have the 12L Meaco low energy model and it works very well, better than the unit it replaced that wasn't very old but used over double the power. It was only around £90 from Amazon about a year ago.
    Arete one is newer model and still energy efficient. I have one and it's great
    Author
    Thanks. Good for drying clothes? Does it have a laundry mode function

Is the energy usage same as the green one? (edited)
's avatar
Top Merchants