Meaco or Ebac dehumidifier?

Posted 10th Nov 2023
I heard loads about Meaco being the best ect but seen Ebac doing what appears to be also good ones. Which is the best? From what I've seen Meaco wins awards but that might not mean anything?

Any advice?
Community Updates
New Comment

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I'd factor in the longest warrranty period (and include the extra cost - if any).
    My Aldi dehumidifier packed up 2.5 years after purchase and they sorted it for me (refund).
    It was the electronics that failed, not the actual dehumidifying aspect of the machine.
    I'd go Ebac personally.

Made in Britain and been manufacturing for donkey's years. Meaco are Chinese made, and don't seem particularly different to any of the other no-name machines likely from the same factories.
    I'm also pro Ebac, Everyone raves about Meaco, but I'm pretty sure they cost slightly more to run, and like the post above, Ebac are british made, English customer care centre. I purchased two for upstairs and downstairs, and both do a great job of keeping the house damp and mould free in the winter.
    Meaco is best. Lots of people complain about them being made in factories in China but in the past few years Chinese build products seem to be better in terms of build quality than British made machines
    paid 238 pounds for my Meaco DD8L Zambezi Desiccant Dehumidifier nearly 3 years ago. I have to vaccum filter every week. Firsrt dehumidifier so i can't really say how good it pulls in water
    I've had both and while I prefer the fact that the Ebac switched from clothes drying mode back to normal mode, whereas the Meaco just switches off after 6 hours of clothes drying, without a doubt the Meaco does perform better. It gets much more water out of the air, and i do appreciate that it shows the actual moisture level in the air and that i can set it to what i want.

The Ebac also looks very old fashioned compared to some of the Meaco's so it always stood out. The biggest issue I have with Ebac is that during the time I owned it, it broke three times in 5 years and my dad broke just after two (no extended warranty on his).

Ebac also seem to slate their competitors and professional reviewers (such as Which?) but without any actual facts why they are so bad.

Should also say the washable filter on the Meaco is great too so you don't have to buy replacements all the time (unless you want to add the HEPA filter) (edited)
's avatar
Top Merchants