RHA T20 Headphones Snapped Wire

Posted 22nd Aug 2023
Hi there and I’m hoping someone could help.

I purchased the RHA T20 headphones just over 3 years ago so are just out of warranty. I have pulled the cable that goes to one of the ear pieces.

Does anyone know where I could get this fixed as RHA have not been helpful at all. Literally 6 weeks out of warranty.
4188764_1.jpg

Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
New Comment

10 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Your expectation of warranty entitlement indicates you believe the cause to be a robustness issue rather than owner clumsiness, and certainly the product is not cheap tat with low robustness expectation when the manufacturer uses descriptive quality/robustness/durability/longevity phrases including
    better materials
    outstanding durability
    every component is engineered by our team to achieve the highest quality performance
    premium materials
    lasting quality
    long-wearing durability

In which case why bother with warranty?
    Just present your Consumer Rights Act claim to the shysters that sold you the quality and durability-lacking prematurely-failed rubbish.
    You have six years to present your lack-of-durability claim to the merchant (and/or possibly credit provider), unless you live in a country that shafts its citizens by insisting on a lesser period to claim, such as Scotland.
    Example standard claim template via respected consumer mag "Which" at:
    which.co.uk/con…lgZ
    Author
    Thank you very much
    It looks like that break is at a very awkward place (at the moulded Y piece) and so would be very hard to repair. I am not surprised RHA are reluctant. The easiest solution (in my opinon) would be to replace the complete cable. As the T20 ear pieces do not have removable cables - this would mean cutting the cable on each side, some way below the ear pieces and soldering in a new cable, protected by heat shrink tubing at the joint to add durability. The cable could come from any old IEM and a phone shop technician would probably be happy to do this for you if you cannot solder.
    Author
    Thank you. I will mention this when I ask a few places if they would be able to repair
    Interesting timeline for Sonos Scoltland Ltd (presumably still t/a RHA Technologies) but indicating its website t&c is 4 years out of date.
    Even its current (and historical) mandatory ICO registration still states RHA Technologies Ltd.
    Hilarious.

REID AND HEATH ACOUSTICS LIMITED Apr 2011
    REID HEATH LIMITED Apr 2012
    RHA TECHNOLOGIES LTD Mar 2017
    ORIGIN NORTH LTD Jun 2021
    (Notification of Sonos, Inc as a person with significant control Oct 2021)
    SONOS SCOTLAND LIMITED Nov 2021

Nature of business: Activities of extraterritorial organisations and bodies
    Depending on the extent of damage on both sides, you might be able to take them to a repair kiosk/shop that do phone repairs, etc.

What they'll do is strip the cable and resolder them onto where they separate (or on the other side of the cable).

However, I've only done home-based tinkering myself and I am not an technician (of this sort), however they will have a phone number for their business and it can't hurt to enquire about it. (edited)
    Author
    Thanks very much. I have read somewhere that Sonos have bought them out, not sure how true that is
's avatar