Warranty On Amazon Warehouse-Bought Electricals, May Be Useful For Some

Posted 11th Jan 2020Edited by:"louiselouise"
This may or may not be new information...

I buy regularly from Amazon (Amazon Warehouse, even more so) and assumed their warranty for Electricals was really good. I sent back my niece's Amazon Warehouse-bought Lenovo K6 Note after it white-screened seven months in, last year, and got a full refund without a fuss.

Fast forward to last night. I have a Kalorik Bean To Cup Filter Machine (not the best of the best, and not a bona-fide Bean To Cup machine, but it suits my needs, and has a hotplate) which I've used for a few months happily. Cost a bargainous £14-odd from Warehouse. All of a sudden it's completely dead. So I changed the fuse. Still the same.

First convo I had on Live Chat didn't go well - they offered me £5! Tried Live Chat again last night.

Im not asking about a return, Im talking about a faulty item
20:21

Kate | Customer Service
Yes, for the warranty of it, we only offer a 6 months warranty.
K
20:22

I dont understand, because when my niece had a faulty Lenovo phone, bought from Warehouse, I was able to return it for a full refund last year
20:23

Kate | Customer Service
May I have the order number of the lenovo for me to check?
K
20:27

Order placed 18 October 2018
Order # XXXXXXXXXXXX
Return complete
Your return is complete. Your refund has been issued.
LENOVO SMARTPHONE DUALSIM K6 NOTE PA570140IT 32GB ITALIA DARK GREY
Condition: Used - Good - Item will come in original packaging. Packaging will be damaged. Missing USB/Firewire cable. Missing earphones.
Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.
20:28

Kate | Customer Service
It depends on the amount of the item.
K
20:29

That was around £54. This coffee machine was around £14?? I think, so I dont know what you mean
20:29

Kate | Customer Service
If the item is above 20 GBP, we offer 2 years warranty.
20:31

This DID have a happy ending, however. I put all the (non-electrical) bits in the dishwasher, put it back in the machine, and, BEEP (it's working), so maybe loose coffee grinds stopped it from functioning properly.
Community Updates
26 Comments
Post a comment