What's the best frozen pizza you can buy?

Posted 25th Apr 2022
So it's not very often we buy frozen pizza but my son has asked for pizza and I can be bothered to make from scratch today! So which is the best frozen pizza you can buy atm? Thanks!
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

34 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Author
    Uridium25/04/2022 15:23

Why just frozen? Aldi and Lidl both do some very good sourdough pizza's in …Why just frozen? Aldi and Lidl both do some very good sourdough pizza's in the "luxurty" range

Because I happened to be nipping into Iceland later and I'm not planning on going anywhere else tonight!!
    CalmerChameleon25/04/2022 15:24

Because I happened to be nipping into Iceland later and I'm not planning …Because I happened to be nipping into Iceland later and I'm not planning on going anywhere else tonight!!

Ah ok, makes sense. In that case I would stick to the the more premium Iceland own brand over the Goodfella's
    jameshothothot25/04/2022 16:05

My son liked Chicago towns takeaway stuffed crust range from Iceland!In …My son liked Chicago towns takeaway stuffed crust range from Iceland!In the old days they have Gino someone which was my fave but he has gone to Asda now

The Iceland pizzas that bore Gino's name are made in the same factory and with a near identical base as the woodfired range that they continue to sell - though unfortunately they've just now rebranded them as 'luxury' and jacked the price up from £1.50 to £2.50.

If that type of base satisfied you then they're very good pizzas, but they are on the smaller side and not good value now with their new price in my view because Morrisons' 'The Best' frozen pizzas, and the luxury range in Aldi that someone has mentioned, are also made by the same people and are very similar yet the same price or cheaper and are larger.

Iceland also have a rectangular woodfired pizza, again made by the same people, notice a theme here!, which were my go-to pizzas but they always disappear over winter and spring in favour of using the space for seasonal goods though sometimes you can get lucky and find still them in larger Food Warehouse stores.
    Crosta & Mollica are priced higher than most frozen pizza's but I found them to be really nice, unfortunately even the Margherita contains Non-Vegetarian Rennet, so not suitable for vegetarians.
    Also like Dr Oetker Ristorante and get when on offer.
    Had a Chicago Town Loaded Cheese the other day and thought it tasted great and was a relatively decent size for the price.

chicagotown.com/the…ese
    Why just frozen? Aldi and Lidl both do some very good sourdough pizza's in the "luxurty" range
    It's down to personal preference, but I'm not keen on the Ristorante Pizza's at all. If I was buying frozen, I'd usually go for something in the Chicago Town "Takeaway" range.
    In the chilled / non frozen category, Crosta & Mollica is excellent.
    Another vote for Ristorante(y)
    Goodfella's Deep Pan or Dr Oetker Ristorante.
    These are my current faves..
    Think they're 2 for £3 in farmfoods.
    No idea if Iceland sell them sorry.
    If I didn't live alone I'd get the big tomato stuffed crust ones as mentioned above but got fed up chopping them in half lol

47331352-tnyrs.jpg
    Hi mate, this got some good comments hotukdeals.com/dea…792
    otherwise ristorante or Goodfellas (y). Think Asda do a £6 meal deal where you get 2 pizzas a drink and a sky cinema movie. (edited)
    Mich8ll825/04/2022 14:56

Another vote for Ristorante(y)

My vote too

I've tried lots of others and none are that great so far, but I do really like the ristorante ones.
    I get ristorante from Asda, and it’s delicious
    My vote is for Chicago Town, tomato stuffed crust pepperoni. The cheese stuffed versions are a bit weird (the cheese in the crust is just not cheese), but the tomato stuffed one is really nice. They're cheap at Iceland. (edited)
    Dr Oetker Ristorante by far the best as others have noted.
    My son liked Chicago towns takeaway stuffed crust range from Iceland!

In the old days they have Gino someone which was my fave but he has gone to Asda now (edited)
    i like goodfellas
    Frozen I think Chicago townare good, loaded cheese or double pepperoni, fresh I have Lidl deluxe sour dough pizzas. (edited)
    a666andy25/04/2022 15:17

My vote tooI've tried lots of others and none are that great so far, but I …My vote tooI've tried lots of others and none are that great so far, but I do really like the ristorante ones.

Yeah…that’s how I feel…the rest taste like cardboard…I prefer chilled pizza but when I do buy frozen it’s always ristorante!
    try goodfellas takeaway the big cheese
    slimy3125/04/2022 15:55

My vote is for Chicago Town, tomato stuffed crust pepperoni. The cheese …My vote is for Chicago Town, tomato stuffed crust pepperoni. The cheese stuffed versions are a bit weird (the cheese in the crust is just not cheese), but the tomato stuffed one is really nice. They're cheap at Iceland.

This, that tomato stuffed crust pepperoni, is brilliant
    I’m not a fan of frozen pizza, but got Iceland’s own takeaway cheese stuffed crust pizza and it’s really good, 2 for £4
    yozzman123425/04/2022 23:27

In the future Aldi do an specially selected fresh pizza ( not frozen ) . 3 …In the future Aldi do an specially selected fresh pizza ( not frozen ) . 3 types I think . Hot and spicy pepperoni type , spicy chicken type and a cheese . Around £3.89 and they are about the best pre made . Asda create your own still a good choice. I personally don’t like frozen pizzas . My local Dominos does a £5.99 any pizza any size pick up deal . Which makes it good Value considering you are getting a £18 pizza for less than £6 . Not that I have ever paid full price for one

In the future? Which year will that be 2024?
    I really like this sainsburys 4 cheese pizza with some nandos mayo swirled on top - sainsburys.co.uk/gol…77g
    sm969025/04/2022 19:02

I really like this sainsburys 4 cheese pizza with some nandos mayo swirled …I really like this sainsburys 4 cheese pizza with some nandos mayo swirled on top - https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/gol-ui/product/all-pizza---garlic-bread/sainsburys-thin-crispy-four-cheese-pizza-377g

Thats helpful when she clearly said shes going to iceland
    rik11125/04/2022 20:44

The main post doesn't say that, I haven't read any other comments
    rik11125/04/2022 20:44

Rude
    I eat pizza a lot, I've tried every frozen pizza going and in my opinion the large Chicago town pizzas are the best by far.
    Must be one of very few people that hates Dr Oetker judging by the comments here. Thought it was supposed to be really highly rated but when I had it a few years ago most of it went in the bin.
    In the future Aldi do an specially selected fresh pizza ( not frozen ) . 3 types I think . Hot and spicy pepperoni type , spicy chicken type and a cheese . Around £3.89 and they are about the best pre made .
    Asda create your own still a good choice.
    I personally don’t like frozen pizzas .
    My local Dominos does a £5.99 any pizza any size pick up deal . Which makes it good Value considering you are getting a £18 pizza for less than £6 . Not that I have ever paid full price for one
    Author
    Thanks all! I'll try all suggestions!

...not all at once, of course! (edited)
    Crosta & mollica all day long
    Another one for Dr Oetker but you could always check out this guys reviews (sorry couldnt resist)

's avatar
Top Merchants