Bluetooth speaker recommendations

Posted 25th Jul 2023
Hi all,
Looking to get a bluetooth speaker to take on holiday this year and then my daughter can take it to Uni when she starts in September. Will be used outside by the pool so waterproof is a good idea and ideally i would like USB C charging.
Preffer £30 but will go to £40 if its going to be that much better.
Any recomendations as there are so many on Amazon.
Thanks
D
Community Updates
New Comment

9 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I'd get this one:

amazon.co.uk/Soundcore-Bluetooth-Diaphragm-Technology-Waterproof/dp/B08BCHKY52/ref=mp_s_a_1_7_sspa?crid=4N36P663IGO8&keywords=anker+bluetooth+speakers&qid=1690300573&sprefix=Anker+blue%2Caps%2C296&sr=8-7-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9zZWFyY2hfbXRm&psc=1

Used Anker Soundcore Bluetooth speakers and they're great.

The 2nd one is slightly cheaper with an offer on at the moment which would be a good option too if looking to save some money.

Have a read of this link which provides a comparison between the 2nd and 3rd models:

rtings.com/spe….10 (edited)
    Anker Soundcore 2 is £39.99 + 25% discount (click add voucher) see here
    Tribit Maxsound Plus
    Author
    I do like Anker Products, and they were on the list. Only thing is not usbc not a major thing though.
    I believe the 3rd one is which is the slightly more expensive one. The previous 2 models don't have USB C.
    I have Anker soundcore in my bathroom. Nice kit.
    Tribit are very good and very loud
    For anyone looking for home system instead of standalone...

I built my own set up with 3 pairs of speakers in series for about £260. (For further guidance use 'cheapaudioman' on youtube)

Get the below instead (Listed in the order they are set up)
    - Aiyima A07 PRE-AMP (Bluetooth, USB, Aux, optical, etc)
    - Aiyima T8 AMP
    - Amazons Basic speaker wire
    - 3 x 30-50w speaker pairs All 4/ 4-6 Ohms (I used ebay to get competitive pricing)

I can go to preamp 95% and amp 100% before getting distortion. (USE OHMS CALCULATOR BEFORE TRIALLING)

hope this helps anyone looking for a booming system.
's avatar