Ebay argos delivery query

Posted 24th May 2022
I posted something to an Argos store about 6 weeks ago with one of the EPC codes

Item was delivered on 5th April although for some reason the buyer never collected the item
They've now raised a "not received" claim and want a refund as Argos advise they have returned the item

Obviously i can prove the item was delivered to the store although does anyone know the process here please
I assume once she refers it to ebay it will get declined as proof of delivery is available
do Argos return items / pay for returns? when not collected?
Any help very much appreciated
Community Updates
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    6 weeks ago? An ebay MBG will (should?) fail for two reasons:
    1) beyond 30days since delivery (made available for collection)
    2) uncollected deliveries are excluded from MBG.
    Tell ebay to close case via quoting its own policies to ebay:
    Deciding the outcome (of MBG claim) when the buyer doesn't receive an item
    The buyer chose a Click & Collect delivery option: Not covered: The buyer was notified that the item was ready for collection, but did not collect it within the specified time frame
    archive.ph/3uvNM

Note that ebay expects the buyer to be entitled to a refund. Presumably ebay funds this refund expectation as a gesture of goodwill.

I have previously debated the above combined concepts.
    The Argos store will return the item free of charge to you so you can refund the buyer in full when it arrives back.
    If it doesn’t get returned with proof of delivery and Argos claim to have sent it or Argos say they lost it ebay will fund refunding the buyer.
    All this should happen if the buyer does not collect within 7 days from Argos activating the collection codes.
    fiestasteve4424/05/2022 19:08

The Argos store will return the item free of charge to you so you can …The Argos store will return the item free of charge to you so you can refund the buyer in full when it arrives back.If it doesn’t get returned with proof of delivery and Argos claim to have sent it or Argos say they lost it ebay will fund refunding the buyer.All this should happen if the buyer does not collect within 7 days from Argos activating the collection codes.

ebay procedure states c&c items uncollected within 7 days are deemed as cancellation of order by buyer.
    Ebay MBG does not offer the buyer any refund claim route, as mentioned and shown in first post of this thread.

ebay does however make a "tip" that the uncollected c&c item will "be returned to the seller and you (the buyer) will receive a refund".
    It is not clear how that refund is processed or funded, or how the buyer would enforce any unprocessed refund (repeat: MBG has been shown not to apply to uncollected c&c items) - this is especially relevant to OPs situation.
    Also consider the c&c procedure states ebay may donate the uncollected c&c item to an undefined charity or disposed of "with no liability to sellers, eBay and/or service providers." There is no obvious indication of when / why ebay would donate to charity rather than return to seller (maybe when seller's account had been suspended post sale? Who knows?).

If ebay decides not to shuffle the uncollected c&c item to charity, ebay's procedure states ebay will cover the cost to return the item to the seller, but in typical ebay uninformative fashion does not state how the seller should initiate / prompt a return that was overdue, or even if the seller can prompt a return if overdue, assuming the seller wants the item returned rather than shuffled to charity.

Previous dull debate September 2021: hotukdeals.com/dis…013
    From what I understand, if the item was delivered to the c&c point, then you should win any case

Let the 'seller make it right' period pass then contact ebay with the evidence.

Screenshot the tracking just in case.
    notalwaysright1924/05/2022 22:38

From what I understand, if the item was delivered to the c&c point, then …From what I understand, if the item was delivered to the c&c point, then you should win any case Let the 'seller make it right' period pass then contact ebay with the evidence.Screenshot the tracking just in case.

Buyer shows eBay the eBay process statement of:
    "If your item isn’t collected within 7 days, it’ll be returned to the seller and you’ll receive a refund."
    Seller loses case.
    : literal answer to your question by quoting eBay c&c seller terms:

"...If the buyer fails to collect the goods within 7 working days of being notified that it is ready for collection, the contract between you and the buyer shall be treated as cancelled by the buyer.
    Provided the item has been delivered with a valid, legible eCP code and does exceed the eligibility requirements set out above eBay will ship and cover the cost of the return.
    If the item was delivered to an Argos or Sainsbury's eBay collection point, it will be returned to you by Royal Mail's tracked 48 hour service..."

So take great pleasure in demanding eBay provides the return's RM tracking reference
    If eBay CS seems confused at the request, just quote their terms above, conveniently archived & highlighted for you at:
    archive.ph/jbJjO
    then wait to be told that eBay has donated your item to charity, because eBay can, as you gave your permission for eBay to do so

You authorise eBay and or a third party appointed by eBay to (i) donate to charity or (ii) dispose of undeliverable, uncollected or unidentifiable items at its discretion and in such circumstances you agree that title to the item shall automatically transfer.
    archive.ph/jbJjO

Summary: you don't get your uncollected item back and you are expected to refund the buyer that CBA to collect the item.
    Author
    AndyRoyd25/05/2022 07:50

@dodgymix: literal answer to your question by quoting eBay c&c seller …@dodgymix: literal answer to your question by quoting eBay c&c seller terms:"...If the buyer fails to collect the goods within 7 working days of being notified that it is ready for collection, the contract between you and the buyer shall be treated as cancelled by the buyer.Provided the item has been delivered with a valid, legible eCP code and does exceed the eligibility requirements set out above eBay will ship and cover the cost of the return.If the item was delivered to an Argos or Sainsbury's eBay collection point, it will be returned to you by Royal Mail's tracked 48 hour service..."So take great pleasure in demanding eBay provides the return's RM tracking reference If eBay CS seems confused at the request, just quote their terms above, conveniently archived & highlighted for you at:https://archive.ph/jbJjO#selection-1033.0-1045.14then wait to be told that eBay has donated your item to charity, because eBay can, as you gave your permission for eBay to do so You authorise eBay and or a third party appointed by eBay to (i) donate to charity or (ii) dispose of undeliverable, uncollected or unidentifiable items at its discretion and in such circumstances you agree that title to the item shall automatically transfer.https://archive.ph/jbJjO#selection-1137.0-1137.259Summary: you don't get your uncollected item back and you are expected to refund the buyer that CBA to collect the item.

Thanks

I’m not gonna lose £80 so I won’t be issuing a refund
    I ordered a perfume that was never scanned in to argos. The ebay delivery says tracking for evri but the tracking g provided by seller is royal mail. Never received m item seller refuses to contact royal mail even tho they sent by every so what is waht???
's avatar
Top Merchants