Hire car additional driver

Posted 11th Jul 2023
Hello team,

I need to hire a car for a week for UK travelling.... too many children, not enough space

I need to add an additional driver, but does the additional driver need to be present to be added when i collect the car? Or me having all their paperwork would suffice?

Thanks all
Community Updates
New Comment

7 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Additional driver needs to be present with his license
    Yeah they'll need both peopels licences. At least Enterprise did
    Vans can be hired, unlocked and driven away by app at my local B&Q. Wonder how that squares with driver being present at the hire car premises with licence?

www diy com/services/van-hire
    "You’ll find the keys inside the vehicle on a tether under the steering wheel. If not there please check the other compartments."
    all drivers will need to be present at the time of hire.
    Author
    Thanks, details from enterprise are:

Additional Driver

Additional drivers must meet all renter requirements. Additional drivers can be added to the rental agreement if they visit any rental location and present their driving licence. A daily surcharge of 18.33 GBP will apply at airport locations and 15.60 GBP at all other locations.
    Don’t tell ‘em, and don’t crash. 
    always thought that might be possible... what if you get stopped by the Police?

Do you know if it shows as a any driver policy or insured to a named driver only?
's avatar