Hollow Knight Nintendo switch £1.99 on Nintendo eShop (Argentina)

Posted 2nd Sep 2021
Hollow Knight
by Team Cherry

Descend into darkness and brave the depths of a forgotten kingdom in Hollow Knight, an atmospheric action-adventure for Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch.

Released on June 12th, 2018

This site is really helpful as a guide on how to change your region in order to access eshop for each country. It also helps you weigh up the pros and cons of buying switch games this way and explains how to purchase the games in a country that your credit/debit card/PayPal will not work in.

nintendo.com/es_AR/
Community Updates
New Comment

27 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Dihi02/09/2021 14:41

Any idea how easy it is to pay on the Argentina eshop? E.g Will UK cards …Any idea how easy it is to pay on the Argentina eshop? E.g Will UK cards work, UK PayPal etc?

Doesn't work unfortunately, you need an Argentinian PayPal account and quite possibly an Argentinian ID too

hotukdeals.com/dea…-02
    Best Metroidvania ever, do not hesitate.
    Still think its a nightmare buying from Argentina eshop, tried setting up an argentine Paypal account without success last time.
    Zedaya02/09/2021 14:47

if you can locate a store that sells codes for Argentinian eshop cards, …if you can locate a store that sells codes for Argentinian eshop cards, you will be able to make purchases on the eshop using that

The Argentinian store doesn't do gift cards. It's not possible to make a purchase from that store outside of the country.

Theres no point this being posted, yet it's posted every month or so. (edited)
    Best money you will spend on any game
    Such a massive game for so cheap feels like stealing
    This game actually deserves every penny of its price point. 2 Quid actually feels wrong
    I believe you can use a curve card to top up an Argentina account
    Any idea how easy it is to pay on the Argentina eshop? E.g Will UK cards work, UK PayPal etc?
    Author
    Dihi02/09/2021 14:41

Any idea how easy it is to pay on the Argentina eshop? E.g Will UK cards …Any idea how easy it is to pay on the Argentina eshop? E.g Will UK cards work, UK PayPal etc?

The site I've linked in the description has a section that explains how to make purchases in different regions - UK cards should work in European countries and I think in South Africa too. Otherwise the best way forward would be to buy eshop gift card codes that are region specific in order to add funds to your account.

The site links a few sites that sell region specific eshop gift cards.
    Zedaya02/09/2021 14:45

just change region, no VPN needed

You need to be very careful if you change regions to a non EU country and pay with eShop credit (which would be the only feasible way).
    The safest steps are to create an account in that region (if possible), then purchase the game somehow (although UK cards and PayPal won't work in Argentina)
    playing this the other night, and died when I was equidistant between two benches to save.
    On my way back to reclaim my belongings, I died again. So, threw a wobbler and haven't played it since.

I'll go back though, because its gorgeous (I'm just not very good)
    Author
    boulder102/09/2021 15:10

playing this the other night, and died when I was equidistant between two …playing this the other night, and died when I was equidistant between two benches to save.On my way back to reclaim my belongings, I died again. So, threw a wobbler and haven't played it since.I'll go back though, because its gorgeous (I'm just not very good)

Reminds me of the last time I played it.. can't remember what boss I was against but I thought the fight was over when we crashed through the glass roof but turns out there was more and I died instantly.. got pretty mad.. haven't had the willpower to open the game since then
    Zedaya02/09/2021 15:12

Reminds me of the last time I played it.. can't remember what boss I was …Reminds me of the last time I played it.. can't remember what boss I was against but I thought the fight was over when we crashed through the glass roof but turns out there was more and I died instantly.. got pretty mad.. haven't had the willpower to open the game since then

Sounds like the Soul Sanctum if you share the same woes I do! I'm currently halfway through my 4th attempt at Steel Soul 100% sub 20 hours, it's a tough game and has been occupying me for literally months, but even so just can't put it down
    VPN needed or do I just change region?
    Author
    Kaz00ie02/09/2021 14:41

VPN needed or do I just change region?

just change region, no VPN needed
    Author
    DaRockwilder102/09/2021 14:43

Still think its a nightmare buying from Argentina eshop, tried setting up …Still think its a nightmare buying from Argentina eshop, tried setting up an argentine Paypal account without success last time.

if you can locate a store that sells codes for Argentinian eshop cards, you will be able to make purchases on the eshop using that
    Zedaya02/09/2021 14:47

if you can locate a store that sells codes for Argentinian eshop cards, …if you can locate a store that sells codes for Argentinian eshop cards, you will be able to make purchases on the eshop using that

Going by this thread it doesn't look like it accepts Argentine eshop cards, hope it does although cant find any online.
    I think it used to work somehow but currently it is not possible to buy from Argentina. AFAIK.
    Author
    I have been searching for a solution to the issue of not being able to buy gift cards to buy games from AR eshop.. this seems like the only promising option right now:

"You may need to enable purchases in South America on your cards, in most cases this shouldn't be needed for online purchases but I think there are some exceptions. At least where I live, South America is blacklisted by default.

It's also possible the Argentina eShop performs a region check and it's just not possible to use with non-Argentinian cards. In that case, you have two options, either get an eShop card of the correct region, or use an "Universal" virtual Visa card service like Entropay."

Hopefully this helps?
    As far as I know only Mexico, and north America can be bought from and even then its a hassle of either setting up a North American PayPal or buying credit
    Author
    ChunkyKong03/09/2021 08:35

Sounds like the Soul Sanctum if you share the same woes I do! I'm … Sounds like the Soul Sanctum if you share the same woes I do! I'm currently halfway through my 4th attempt at Steel Soul 100% sub 20 hours, it's a tough game and has been occupying me for literally months, but even so just can't put it down

that's the one! it's taken months for me to get that far and im still on my first attempt
    My first playthrough was over 100 hours, my latest one sub 10 though. It gets easier especially when you master the pogo!
    Author
    ChunkyKong03/09/2021 15:32

My first playthrough was over 100 hours, my latest one sub 10 though. It …My first playthrough was over 100 hours, my latest one sub 10 though. It gets easier especially when you master the pogo!

yeah pogo is challenging my total playtime so far is 15 hours lol
    tri_9404/09/2021 21:43

I believe you can use a curve card to top up an Argentina account

A virtual one? Just tried and didn't work but not sure if I missed something
    I used a physical one, not sure if that makes any odds
    If I buy from Argamatina because there is cheaper then I have a problem because I do not have Argentine credit, a way to get around it?
's avatar