Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

How many GB does Minecraft need on a pc.

deleted392887's avatar deleted392887
Posted 30th Sep 2013
Hi, im not very good with PCs but i am getitng one for my son for xmas. He is desperate for the Minecraft PC game and i just want to make sure that the PC is up to being able to game.

thanks for any help
Community Updates
New Comment

7 Comments

sorted by

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

A computer with the minimum requirements should be able to play Minecraft. However, for the best experience, please consider the recommended requirements.

Minimum Requirements:
    CPU : Intel P4 or its AMD Equivalent (AMD K7)
    RAM : 2GB
    GPU : Intel GMA 950 or AMD Equivalent with OpenGL 2.1 Support
    HDD : At least 100MB for Game Core and Sound Files

Recommended Requirements:
    CPU : Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 (K8) 2.6 GHz
    RAM : 4GB
    GPU : GeForce 6xxx or ATI Radeon 9xxx and up with OpenGL 2.1 Support (Excluding Integrated Chipsets)
    HDD : 150MB

Software Requirements:
    Minecraft Release 1.6 or newer. Older versions will need to be updated to current versions
    Java (Java SE 6 Update 51 or Java SE 7 Update 40 or newer is preferred)
    Please note that some users experience issues playing Minecraft while using a mismatched version of Java for their operating system (32 or 64 bit), while using certain versions of Java 7, or while multiple versions of Java are installed
    If you have a laptop with an a built-in (integrated) graphics card, rather than a dedicated card, it is highly suggested that you try the demo before purchase.

Information on system requirements for running a Minecraft server can be found on the Minecraft wiki.

Minimum Requirements

(edited)
    Author
    thank you, that was quick!!! is it best to download the game, or buy the disc? sorry to ask further questions...
    duffy101

thank you, that was quick!!! is it best to download the game, or buy the … thank you, that was quick!!! is it best to download the game, or buy the disc? sorry to ask further questions...

I have no idea about that, sorry. Depends which is cheaper, and if your son wants the boxed copy. Digital download is probably better (and cheaper).
    I play minecraft and have to say that the above specs appear to be a bit weak and im supprised that minecraft would play on such an old spec.

If you are buying a pc for christmas, Id say that any PC bought these days would be up to spec CPU&ram wise, however I would make sure to get one with a PCIE x16 slot on the motherboard, then spend an extra £100 for a mid range gfx card. The gfx card will improve the pc so much in comparison to an onboard card included in most pc's these days.

Hi just wondering what one is cheaper and takes lest gb to take to buy the disc or download the game for free
    I'd imagine downloading the game would take up more space as you would have the install files and the installed game on your hard drive.
Top Merchants