Lost nectar points at Argos?

Posted 20th Jul 2019
First time I tried to use Nectar points online at Argos to part pay for an item. Tried to use PayPal but Argos didn't seem to like this. Selected £10 worth of Nectar points to use. Did not complete purchase partly because I couldn't seem to use PayPal. However, the £10 of points has been taken from nectar. I have emailed them and I awaiting a response. I want those points refunded.
Anyone had this happen or any sensible suggestions?! Thanks.
Community Updates
New Comment

19 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I've just had this exact problem. The points have disappeared and are no longer available at Argos or in the Nectar app.

Did yours get resolved?
    Hi, can either of you confirm if the points went back on automatically or did you have to contact Nectar please? I’ve just made a purchase on Argos and payment has failed but points have been deducted. How long did you have to wait before they were put back on? Thank you!
    Just to clarify if you have this issue, it took about a hour but the points were refunded by argos without having to contact them
    I have also lost nectar points (£5.00) with Argos online. Could not complete purchase, but points taken from card. Hope points are refunded First and last time I try to redeem points online with Argos will redeem in store in future. (edited)
    Denise_Sykes22/03/2021 06:32

I have £42.50 worth of nectar points. I tried over 7 days to place an …I have £42.50 worth of nectar points. I tried over 7 days to place an order online for two bedroom ceiling lights. The payment option appears as ways to pay. I select nectar vouchers then try to pay £7.50 remaining balance via card but the system crashes each time. Then all of a sudden, a message appears stating that the points are now redeemed and vanish off the page. I have no points. I believe the payment page is being hacked. I am very angry yet there is no one in customer services over the weekend to resolve this. I emailed the CEO. No response. Argos nectar website not fit for purpose and clearly open for hacking.

Denise did you get this sorted ? Ive just lost £72 of nectar points, and im desperately trying to order a tumble dryer using as part payment. would like them to be refunded but will i have to wait till the morning now ??
    i had a similar problem when i tried to use nectar points on a sainsburys delivery. it wouldn't accept the nectar points but it got refunded to my nectar account almost immediately when i logged into nectar.

if it has not already been refunded to your nectar account, there may be a delay before the refund is given from argos.
    Hi all did has anyone got a answer on this, do the points go straight back or do I need to contact then. I did the same
    I have lost just nectar 35 pound worth with argos could not complete purchase but point taken from card .hope points are refunded
    Same just happened with me. Argos weren't any use on the online chat. Apparently have to just sit tight and wait for points to be refunded.
    Same just happened to me argos went wrong at the checkout didn’t go through technical error, now £40 worth of nectar points all disappeared had confirmation email to say they they have been spent. Please tell me these go back on??
    Bumping this as the same has just happened to us with £55 of points. I used an old card so payment didn't go through, tried to use a new card and it sent it round in a loop several times and it wouldn't let me add a new card, sent 4 more code texts for confirmation so I gave up so I could go I to the account and remove the expired payment cards and it still took the points.
    The same has happened to me. Went to purchase from argos online, 1000 points gone but didnt put order through. What do I do? (edited)
    Same as Jessica. Urgh.
    Same here. £35 just vanished
    Same here do they go on automatically back to nectar
    I have £42.50 worth of nectar points. I tried over 7 days to place an order online for two bedroom ceiling lights. The payment option appears as ways to pay. I select nectar vouchers then try to pay £7.50 remaining balance via card but the system crashes each time. Then all of a sudden, a message appears stating that the points are now redeemed and vanish off the page. I have no points. I believe the payment page is being hacked. I am very angry yet there is no one in customer services over the weekend to resolve this. I emailed the CEO. No response. Argos nectar website not fit for purpose and clearly open for hacking.
    Denise_Sykes22/03/2021 06:32

I have £42.50 worth of nectar points. I tried over 7 days to place an …I have £42.50 worth of nectar points. I tried over 7 days to place an order online for two bedroom ceiling lights. The payment option appears as ways to pay. I select nectar vouchers then try to pay £7.50 remaining balance via card but the system crashes each time. Then all of a sudden, a message appears stating that the points are now redeemed and vanish off the page. I have no points. I believe the payment page is being hacked. I am very angry yet there is no one in customer services over the weekend to resolve this. I emailed the CEO. No response. Argos nectar website not fit for purpose and clearly open for hacking.

Contact Nectar on Twitter.
    Hi, was wondering if anybody got their points back? This happened to me with 13000 points on the 14th Oct 21 and after several phone calls with argos and nectar I still don't have the points back or a solid answer on how to get them back. It's frustrating.
    Thanks in advance.
    Author
    deleted3313223/07/2019 23:23

I've just had this exact problem. The points have disappeared and are no …I've just had this exact problem. The points have disappeared and are no longer available at Argos or in the Nectar app.Did yours get resolved?

I think they have gone back on. I have some health issues, if you bear with me, I'll check and let you know.
    If your points not back on, contact the nectar help.
's avatar