Removing Integrated fridge freezer

Posted 20th Oct 2017
My mum and dads fridge freezer has stopped working.

I want to check if the fuse has gone but the plug is behind the fridge freezer housing.

The only way i can get to it is by removing the fridge freezer.

I have never done this before and am worried i might not be able to put back in correctly.

There are screws fixing the fridge freezer and doors in place. Is it a matter of unscrewing these and taking fridge freezer out? Then putting back in?

Apreciate any advice/guidance. Thanks.
Community Updates
New Comment

4 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    ran123ran16 m ago

Problem sorted - my dad had inadvertantly turned off the switch that …Problem sorted - my dad had inadvertantly turned off the switch that controls power to the socket where fridge is plugged in. So glad it was something as silly as that.

OMG - surely that was the most obvious thing to check first
    Before you start are you sure the plug socket is behind the fridge/freezer - worth checking that it is not to the side of the freezer at a low level that you can get to by removing the kick plate on the kitchen units.

If it is not accessible, have a watch of this video to give you an idea of what is likely involved - your task should be a little simpler as you won't have to do all the measuring/precise fitting. Start at about 6 mins or so in. Shows you likely seals etc you will habe that you will have to try and not damage when removing/refitting.

Keep the unit upright when you take it out - don't lay it down as if you do you will need to let the refrigerant settle for a few hours before switching on again (if you can get it going).

It will depend upon the model and the precise information on whether to will need to remove the finished door panels or whether you can leave these on. It's an additional job but probably best to take them off so that you can manhandle the unit better. Depending upon the sizee of the unit it is probably a 2 man lift - in the video they use a sack barrow - handy if you have one of these!

Take photos before you start of all the fixing points and collect all the screws etc in a series of marked plastic pots (etc) to ensure you put them back in the right place.

I assume you have no power at all to the fridge/freezer - no lights on. More likely a problem within the unit on the circuit board but it is certainly worth checking the fuse.
    Author
    Problem sorted - my dad had inadvertantly turned off the switch that controls power to the socket where fridge is plugged in. So glad it was something as silly as that.
    Van197312 h, 59 m ago

Before you start are you sure the plug socket is behind the fridge/freezer …Before you start are you sure the plug socket is behind the fridge/freezer - worth checking that it is not to the side of the freezer at a low level that you can get to by removing the kick plate on the kitchen units.If it is not accessible, have a watch of this video to give you an idea of what is likely involved - your task should be a little simpler as you won't have to do all the measuring/precise fitting. Start at about 6 mins or so in. Shows you likely seals etc you will habe that you will have to try and not damage when removing/refitting.[Video] Keep the unit upright when you take it out - don't lay it down as if you do you will need to let the refrigerant settle for a few hours before switching on again (if you can get it going). It will depend upon the model and the precise information on whether to will need to remove the finished door panels or whether you can leave these on. It's an additional job but probably best to take them off so that you can manhandle the unit better. Depending upon the sizee of the unit it is probably a 2 man lift - in the video they use a sack barrow - handy if you have one of these!Take photos before you start of all the fixing points and collect all the screws etc in a series of marked plastic pots (etc) to ensure you put them back in the right place.I assume you have no power at all to the fridge/freezer - no lights on. More likely a problem within the unit on the circuit board but it is certainly worth checking the fuse.

Did you type that all?
's avatar