Samsung Fold 5 - Worth It Or Wait?

Posted 30th Jul 2023
Hey all,

So from the recent Galaxy unpacked event the new Fold and Flip 5 has been revealed so just seeking thoughts and advice.

I currently have a s21 ultra and way due an upgrade. I was eyeing up the Fold 4 just before s23 ultra deals started to come out and then news of the unpacked event.

Now, I've read some deal threads and apart from the double memory, the new Fold doesn't seem to have a great deal even via Blue Light discount. I've still got my pair of Samsung Buds live which I'm quite happy with at the moment and looks like I'll only get 180 trade in.

I'd really like a new phone that feels like an upgrade and different. So is it worth looking into this deal more, waiting for some more to potentially be released or even consider the Fold 4?

If anyone also has any input regarding their current t use of a Fold let me know as also intrigued!

Cheers!
Community Updates
New Comment

12 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Samsung.com offer 330 recycle for your s21 ultra.

When purchasing. Include a galaxy watch 6 in the basket to receive 10% off both phone and watch.

Always recycle a product.

I can get the price down to about 1400.
    I dont keep upto date with the fold technology so I can't really speak for whether it's a worthwhile upgrade
    Recently swapped my S22 ultra for a fold 4, was going to wait for fold 5 but deals on the fold 4 are very good right now direct from Samsung
    I got £530 trade-in for my S22U, £200 cashback from Samsung, 20% Quidco (£233), free Fold Note kit with case, charger and s-pen and a free leather case.

So just over £650 after cashback assuming that Quidco pays out (it has tracked)

Also 0% for up to 3 years (although I always pay my phone's off in a few months)

Loving the Fold 4, awesome phone. (edited)
    Author
    Wow that is a good deal. How did you get the cashback from Samsung. Is this fairly recent re price and deals as can't see anything online but guessing it's all for the 5 at the min!
    I have the Fold 4. Only benefits of Fold 5 are extra year of software support, latest processor, and the improved hinge folding flat.

None of these things are worth paying the premium for vs getting a cheap Fold 4. I upgraded from Fold 3 to 4 for battery reasons, but the pre-order deal was a lot better last year. Still isn't really worth it.

I would get a Fold 4 or even a Fold 3 over a Fold 5 depending on saving. (edited)
's avatar