Sky Broadband new customer offer for existing customers

Posted 14th Nov 2023
My BB contract expires mid December. I am currently with Sky and have the Ultrafast package giving up to 145mbps at a discounted price of £32pm.

Sky have been in touch to say the new price will be £38pm which includes a £5pm discount.

So, i've been shopping around and through comparison sites and topcashback a new customer can have Ultrafast for £29pm.

Can anyone clarify for me if Sky are obliged to offer existing customers what is available for new customers??
Community Updates
New Comment

10 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    No, there is no right to be offered the same prices as new customers by ISP or telecoms companies. It is required for insurance companies though which are regulated by different laws.
    Author
    cheers,

i'll give them a bell tomorrow and try and see what i can get from them.
    Step 1 give 30 days notice to cancel. You won't have access to the best offers until after that point.
    Author
    yeah, it's the regular pain in the backside process.

threaten to cancel or put the cancellation in and then go through the rigmarole that Sky make you go through.

Utter nonsense really.
    Why not shop around to see what's available? It will also help in haggling. There are likely to be Black Friday offers soon from Vodafone and others. (edited)
    Author
    cheers, i've been looking around to see whats available and Vodafone have a good deal at £30 for 500mbps,
    but the reviews of Vodafone are not particulary good, especially in the customer support area.

I've got a bit of time on my side to see what BF deals come about.

I'
    Left Sky BB last month (76mbps service, no calls) as that was increasing to £32pm.

Was offered £5pm discount but went with Now broadband for £24pm with potential £65 Quidco.
    The cutover should be seamless as they are the same company, shouldn't even need to switch the router.
    Try them ?

I will miss the Sky call barring service though, not a cold caller in 4 years!

EDIT - my Now BB due to take effect today and received a letter from Sky yesterday matching the Now £24pm. My Sky account shows closed now. Who sends letters these days? (edited)
's avatar