TV moving advice required - LG OLED 65C9PLA

Posted 19th Oct 2020
Hello, I am planning to move my home soon and don't have the original box/packing for my TV (LG OLED 65C9PLA). Its quite delicate and not sure how best to pack and handle it. Don't want to hand this task over to the movers.

Can anyone suggest best way to pack and move this TV. Or any owner has its original box and packing material and willing to sell please get in touch.

Thank in advance.
Community Updates
New Comment

13 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Hand the task over to the movers. Surely that's what they're for?!
    “I am planning to move my home soon...”

Pro tip: don’t move it, leave it where it is. It’s much easier and cheaper to get a new home and let someone else occupy the old one.
    Do you have a car, if so place a quilt over your tv and place it on your back seat with the screen facing the back protected by the quilt and hold in place with the seat belts, son used this method when he located to germany
    paul_merton19/10/2020 11:57

Hand the task over to the movers. Surely that's what they're for?!

This. Surely if they’re a professional company, they’ll; a. Know how to handle it correctly and; b. Be insured in case of any damage occurring. Moving it yourself in these circumstances is asking for trouble...
    Haircut_10019/10/2020 16:19

You don't need the original box. Go to a supermarket and ask them if they …You don't need the original box. Go to a supermarket and ask them if they have any cardboard boxes that you can have. Put a blanket over the screen of your tv and then use packing tape to tape the flattened down boxes over the blanket to protect the screen. Get a friend to sit in the back of your car holding the tv. Or just let the removal firm deal with it, it's what you are paying them to do.

Got visions on my mate sat in the back of my 2 door coupe with a 65 inch OLED holding it for 4 hours during my latest move 🙃
    I managed to purchase a specific tv moving box - I want to say it was from Argos but I might be wrong!
    Be really careful the screens will break with the slightest pressure
    Bubble wrap.

Lots of it.
    You don't need the original box. Go to a supermarket and ask them if they have any cardboard boxes that you can have. Put a blanket over the screen of your tv and then use packing tape to tape the flattened down boxes over the blanket to protect the screen. Get a friend to sit in the back of your car holding the tv.

Or just let the removal firm deal with it, it's what you are paying them to do. (edited)
    If you have the original packaging then just carefully pack it back up.
    Put the foam for the back on the floor first lying the tv on that, then put the other side of foam over the screen, then slide the box over the polystyrene.
    Bigfootpete19/10/2020 17:44

If you have the original packaging then just carefully pack it back up. …If you have the original packaging then just carefully pack it back up. Put the foam for the back on the floor first lying the tv on that, then put the other side of foam over the screen, then slide the box over the polystyrene.

Did you actually read what the op said?
    spenspuma17/12/2020 23:19

Did you actually read what the op said?

No - I missed "don't have".
    ding19/10/2020 09:44

Do you have a car, if so place a quilt over your tv and place it on your …Do you have a car, if so place a quilt over your tv and place it on your back seat with the screen facing the back protected by the quilt and hold in place with the seat belts, son used this method when he located to germany

This is what I have always done when moving. TV and duvets go in the car with me, movers can take everything else. (The duvets are to protect the tv )
's avatar