Xbox live gold Brazil. Does it cause any issue on a UK account?

Posted 11th Oct 2020
Hi guys. I see a lot of people talk within deal and have been recommended by friends to use a Brazilian Xbox live code to save a little money on a 12 month membership.

is this just as straight forward as turning on my vpn. Redeeming the code on my UK Microsoft account and then it will work on my Xbox?
will i be able to buy from the UK store?
be able to be redeem UK DLC for games etc?
Community Updates
New Comment

14 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Sully11/10/2020 11:45

Yh i done this, had no problems

It’s as if you bought a uk xbox live, so can buy dlc, games from uk store etc
    iby201223/12/2020 13:04

did u get it to work? or did u have to change your region to brazil then …did u get it to work? or did u have to change your region to brazil then get the £1 deal from there instead so it would convert? was thinking of getting gold but if conversion is an issue wont bother

I had to phone Microsoft in the end. They converted it into a UK account. I blamed my son. They took pity on me.
    bells006/01/2021 17:21

Did you get sorted with this issue?

He says that he knows what to do apparently but doesn't want to bother with Ultimate at the moment - he says he will wait until June when his current subscription expires. Thank you for asking though.

I forgot to mention, on Xmas Day when my other son visited us, he said that he knew how to get around the issue. He tried to purchase (from Brazil) a one-month trial that was on offer using my debit card (which I agreed to). The purchase wouldn't go through, and shortly afterwards, I had my bank's fraud department team ringing me to ask if I had tried to make a payment to Microsoft for 57p! (edited)
    Yh i done this, had no problems
    Wouldn’t allow me to get game pass when I redeemed my Brazil gold. Region mismatch was included in the error.
    No.
    chrisdwiliams11/10/2020 11:46

Wouldn’t allow me to get game pass when I redeemed my Brazil gold. Region m …Wouldn’t allow me to get game pass when I redeemed my Brazil gold. Region mismatch was included in the error.

My son has this issue as well. He bought a 12-month Brazilian Live Gold pass (following instructions by somebody on here - who said to use a VPN) back in June. He now wants to pay £1 for a Game Pass to then convert his remaining months, however, he's not able to do it because I think he said his XBox thinks he's in Brazil. He looked at the Brazil site to see if he could get the deal there but it's not showing for him.

Does this mean that my son can only use his Brazil Live Gold pass until it expires in June (and not be able to purchase now the £1 Game Pass to convert his remaining months to Ultimate)? I'm just wondering what happens in June, will he be able to convert his settings then so that his XBox thinks he is in the UK? Any advice most appreciated. Thank you.
    chrisdwiliams11/10/2020 11:46

Wouldn’t allow me to get game pass when I redeemed my Brazil gold. Region m …Wouldn’t allow me to get game pass when I redeemed my Brazil gold. Region mismatch was included in the error.

did u get it to work? or did u have to change your region to brazil then get the £1 deal from there instead so it would convert? was thinking of getting gold but if conversion is an issue wont bother
    chrisdwiliams23/12/2020 13:06

I had to phone Microsoft in the end. They converted it into a UK account. …I had to phone Microsoft in the end. They converted it into a UK account. I blamed my son. They took pity on me.

siblings dont use the xbox much so might just stick with the £1 trials then, usually they only use it over the holidays and usually a offer turns up on time.
    chrisdwiliams23/12/2020 13:06

I had to phone Microsoft in the end. They converted it into a UK account. …I had to phone Microsoft in the end. They converted it into a UK account. I blamed my son. They took pity on me.

Got the same issue. How dis you get the phone no to call MS? Just in their xbox support page and all the options I choose say I can't call or message them personally.
    bells006/01/2021 07:38

Got the same issue. How dis you get the phone no to call MS? Just in their …Got the same issue. How dis you get the phone no to call MS? Just in their xbox support page and all the options I choose say I can't call or message them personally.

Yeah was the number in support. However I’m not sure what combo of options I chose to get the number to come up.
    chrisdwiliams06/01/2021 13:58

Yeah was the number in support. However I’m not sure what combo of options …Yeah was the number in support. However I’m not sure what combo of options I chose to get the number to come up.

Cheers. Got a call back pretty quickly. She was very unhelpful. Essentially I either cancel remaining Brazil gold (just under 3 months) or wait till it runs out, then the EU code I've just stumped up for should work as a UK account (option I'll have to take, just hope it does revert to a UK account.......)
    Sophiasky10/11/2020 22:20

My son has this issue as well. He bought a 12-month Brazilian Live Gold …My son has this issue as well. He bought a 12-month Brazilian Live Gold pass (following instructions by somebody on here - who said to use a VPN) back in June. He now wants to pay £1 for a Game Pass to then convert his remaining months, however, he's not able to do it because I think he said his XBox thinks he's in Brazil. He looked at the Brazil site to see if he could get the deal there but it's not showing for him.Does this mean that my son can only use his Brazil Live Gold pass until it expires in June (and not be able to purchase now the £1 Game Pass to convert his remaining months to Ultimate)? I'm just wondering what happens in June, will he be able to convert his settings then so that his XBox thinks he is in the UK? Any advice most appreciated. Thank you.

Did you get sorted with this issue?
's avatar
Top Merchants