I've ordered from Amazon,so will just return/refund if it's not reliable, which I'm guessing it's not as my router is at back/upstairs of house :/
I placed a BT Whole Home Wifi disc about 5 feet away from it by the front window of the floor above (albeit there's a wall/window in between) so the wifi signal should be decent enough. I used the screw terminals on the back. Wish I hadn't wasted the money on the batteries.
£41.92 black colour when added to basket price goes up to £41.92 EXPIRED DEAL
Probably depends how far away from router that dictates the connectivity to WiFi! Did you hardwire into the two small anchor screw terminals or use the mirco USB power point?
Bought one of these a few weeks ago. I'd say it works well 80% of the time (and the other 20% it takes 15+ seconds to display the camera stream. Don't bother with batteries - they last about a week with motion detection enabled. Hard-wire it with a 12V DC power supply.