Anyone else noticed some chicken taste different kfc/mccy d’s lately?

Posted 21st Nov 2021
or just me? it was the nuggest in mccy d’s & popcorn in kfc, I noticed tastes different recently like a bit odd.

I don’t see anything to state a change of recipe.

It’s only been like the last two weeks or so, I have been eating this junk nonstop forever, so it’s not like “oh you just haven’t had it in a while” or “somehow covid” because nope we have box loads of covid tests, no one at home has it. Been eating this since covid so even long covid is not it because only a couple of weeks ago it changed

I haven’t misordered, my brother noticed too which is why I’m asking otherwise I would have thought it was just me.
Community Updates
New Comment

15 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Had a kfc bucket after a long timethe other day and we noticed all the drumsticks had a revolting chemical taste, never experienced that before. Put me off Kfc forever now (edited)
    No. Probably the food shortage and the chlorinated chicken they're shipping in from the states
    Azwipe22/11/2021 09:01

It's not awful, the US tends to have stricter food laws than the UK/EU. …It's not awful, the US tends to have stricter food laws than the UK/EU. They simply would rather avoid people dying due to the bacteria that covers raw chicken. Does it bother you when you eat salad? That is washed in Chlorine in the UK. Stop believing the nonsense the MSM feeds you.As for change in taste, it's most likely the oil it's being fried in. You don't taste chlorine when you eat chicken in the US The KFC tastes much nicer and the Buttermilk Chicken at McD's is great.

EU have much stricter food laws - what are you talking about? US food standards are so low that they cant sell almost anything in EU.
    Possibly dodgy imported chicken.

“All of our Original Recipe chicken on the bone is from farms in the UK and Ireland.

Because demand often outstrips British poultry supply, other menu items may include chicken from trusted and established overseas suppliers.”

help.kfc.co.uk/hc/…SH- (edited)
    I am surprised you can taste any chicken at all with the amount of salt they put in.

All I can taste is seawater.
    marc198221/11/2021 21:30

Oof that sounds awful.

It's not awful, the US tends to have stricter food laws than the UK/EU. They simply would rather avoid people dying due to the bacteria that covers raw chicken. Does it bother you when you eat salad? That is washed in Chlorine in the UK. Stop believing the nonsense the MSM feeds you.

As for change in taste, it's most likely the oil it's being fried in. You don't taste chlorine when you eat chicken in the US The KFC tastes much nicer and the Buttermilk Chicken at McD's is great. (edited)
    Willy_Wonka21/11/2021 22:48

I am surprised you can taste any chicken at all with the amount of salt …I am surprised you can taste any chicken at all with the amount of salt they put in.All I can taste is seawater.

Had some for the first time in years the other day and tasted like I'd eaten a salt and pepper grinder with the chicken
    m4rmite23/11/2021 07:26

Most likely it's cat/rat meat if there's a chicken shortage

or KFP, Kentucky Fried Pigeon! Like in that film Shank.
    marc198221/11/2021 21:30

Oof that sounds awful.

Take that with a pinch of salt, not saying they are importing their chicken from the US but I have noticed a difference too
    Most likely it's cat/rat meat if there's a chicken shortage
    Author
    PonJaul7621/11/2021 21:23

No. Probably the food shortage and the chlorinated chicken they're …No. Probably the food shortage and the chlorinated chicken they're shipping in from the states

Oof that sounds awful.
    Normally the chicken at these places is bland and flavourless, for consitancy. It means they only have to go regulate the seasoning to keep it all the same.

Most FF places are having to import chicken from new sources to keep with in there budget!
    I had kfc two days ago and i thought it tasted strange too. Tasted as though it was slughtly burnt, yet the outside and insides werent burnt
    The taste of chicken nuggets changing is something that is repeatedly mentioned to me by covid patients - probably you just had covid! Sometimes a change in the taste of chicken nuggets or something like that is the only symptom - count yourself lucky!
's avatar
Top Merchants