Buyer asking me to change address after purchase on eBay ? What to do please ?

Posted 2nd Feb 2022
Having another problem now on eBay it's non stop dam it .

Sold an item for a 100£

Buyer asking me to change the address after purchase

Seems very dodgy? Any advice please.
how do I deal with this without getting bad feedback if it's a scammer which I suspect

3883003_1.jpg

Official check out address is London,, completely different address, advice please?
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

36 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    You already asked this question in your other thread earlier today and had it answered, people were clear in telling you to cancel the order.
    hotukdeals.com/discussions/ebay-purchase-listed-as-opened-never-used-but-clearly-heavily-used-3882845

eBay rules say that you should only send an item to the address provided and not to send to an address given in a message. The only thing you could do would be to message the seller, tell them that they need to change their address within eBay. Once they have done that you could refund the payment and let them pay again with the new address. Or just cancel the sale and wait for the next FVF listing event to relist it. (edited)
    I had this happen a few years ago. Told the buyer I can only send to their eBay address, either they or I cancelled (can't remember which). Then used "Second Chance Offer" to the next highest bidder, which was accepted, thereby only paying the promotion fee.
    cancel the sale,I have been caught out the same way before
    offer them to cancel the sale and then they can re-buy using the correct details. if they refuse you have evidence for ebay
    Google the postcode and Shyam and you will see a registered business.
    This could just be a genuine mistake, not a scam.
    That said, you are still not covered if you dont post to the correct address so just politely advise the buyer that you can only post to the payment address.
    just cancel it again and block him from bidding

ebay.co.uk/hel…090

add his username to the block list it meaning he cant bid or buy the item

46827580-UdNAc.jpg
    ebay.co.uk/hel…082
    dont relist until you add his username to this list

his username should be thr email youve got from ebay ain regards to the item he is tried to buycopy his username then past it to the above list

if you sign in you should get an empty box paste it into there click submit (edited)
    Cancel and ask him/her to buy again with correct address.
    When cancelling select 'problem with buyers address' as the reason.

when promo fees are on, make few extra dummy listings just for these instances then edit them when required.
    next few offer be soon I guess, see. to be every 2 weeks.

(edited)
    fiestasteve4402/02/2022 16:23

If they leave bad feedback. EBay will remove it.No they have the option of …If they leave bad feedback. EBay will remove it.No they have the option of posting it to the address on the order.

It would be incredibly stupid to send to the original address after the buyer has messaged with an updated address.
    Azwipe02/02/2022 16:27

It would be incredibly stupid to send to the original address after the …It would be incredibly stupid to send to the original address after the buyer has messaged with an updated address.

No it wouldn’t it would be perfectly fine as if you deliver to the address on the order and ah e proof of delivery then your obligations are fulfilled. End of.
    Author
    This ended up being all legit, I did cancel first purchase followed by email then he purchased immediately again with the business address.. he owns a chicken fry up place that’s why he needed the food processor
    Author
    Yes I wasn't planning on sending at all

just want to find out how to cancel this without getting negative feedback from the scammer if by chance they are

I had 80% seller promotion fees on this?

I lost it now? For this item?

I had over 10 watches in 24-hours, I'm sure it was gonna sell fast (edited)
    Send it to the address on the order. Once tracking shows delivered it’s the buyers problem.
    You only have one option, cancel the sale using the address wrong option. Contact the buyer and say yes that is no problem, i have cancelled the sale for you, please update your address with Ebay and repurchase. I guarantee you you will hear no more, this has been the most common scam on ebay since day one.
    Cancelling it is the only viable option. You'll probably lose the 30p fixed portion of the selling costs, and will have to wait for another 80% off day before relisting it, but there's not a lot you can do about it.

eBay told me that if you cancel the order as "problem with delivery address" or whatever the option is, then it will have no impact on your seller rating.
    Author
    It would be nice to post out to the original address just the teach the scammers a lesson, I'm sure they are at both addresses
    Forget the 80% fees and think about what you stand to lose if it goes pear-shaped
    BigStart02/02/2022 17:31

Seems like the buyer is legitThey have a fast food business and the unit …Seems like the buyer is legitThey have a fast food business and the unit broke down he provided me with the the Google maps address of the business which matches the the address provided on the email after the first purchase and and I got their mobile number talking to them on WhatsApp Will send recorded delivery with tracking?All good ?

Do what you think is right, i've traded on ebay over 15 years and i wouldn't be sending it. Why did the buyer not update his delivery address before reordering? Doesn't make sense.
    always send to the address listed. Tell the seller you will be doing this, or the other option is cancellation..

or of course, if you like taking risks, and can afford to be £100 out of pocket, then there’s always that
    Jesus op.

Just block the guy and relist next time there's a weekend of 80% fees
    Author
    Daffydills02/02/2022 16:15

offer them to cancel the sale and then they can re-buy using the correct …offer them to cancel the sale and then they can re-buy using the correct details. if they refuse you have evidence for ebay

I want to do that but it was listed with seller promotion 80% off seller fees
    Im selling at for under a 100 new it's 180 online new so really would like to avoid fees

Any ideas ?
    a completely atypical scam approach is to have none conformance and make it urgent to hurry it along.
    If they leave bad feedback. EBay will remove it.

Azwipe02/02/2022 16:23

You only have one option, cancel the sale using the address wrong option. …You only have one option, cancel the sale using the address wrong option. Contact the buyer and say yes that is no problem, i have cancelled the sale for you, please update your address with Ebay and repurchase. I guarantee you you will hear no more, this has been the most common scam on ebay since day one.

No they have the option of posting it to the address on the order. (edited)
    Author
    deleted65532102/02/2022 16:22

a completely atypical scam approach is to have none conformance and make it …a completely atypical scam approach is to have none conformance and make it urgent to hurry it along.

It was so obvious.

fiestasteve4402/02/2022 16:22

Send it to the address on the order. Once tracking shows delivered it’s the …Send it to the address on the order. Once tracking shows delivered it’s the buyers problem.

Lol really ?

Azwipe02/02/2022 16:27

It would be incredibly stupid to send to the original address after the buy …It would be incredibly stupid to send to the original address after the buyer has messaged with an updated address.

Yeah not sure about posting it out will have Hassel after I presume (edited)
    BigStart02/02/2022 16:28

It was so obvious.Lol really ?Yeah not sure about posting it out will have …It was so obvious.Lol really ?Yeah not sure about posting it out will have Hassel after I presume

Indeed but they wouldn't try it unless some fall for it. Glad not yourself though
    dont change use the one or the account if you cange the adress to other than registered on there wbay account they can claim they never got it when they did and get there money back as them to cancel change they adress and rebuy if the refuse just cancel it your self (edited)
    Don’t get how people who scam others can actually sleep at night
    Author
    So I went through eBay customer service they told me to cancel and block the buyer if I want

I relisted again and two seconds later the same person purchased and said ok ship to the same address

Now I'm just confused no idea if it's a scammer or not anymore (edited)
    Author
    Seems like the buyer is legit

They have a fast food business and the unit broke down he provided me with the the Google maps address of the business which matches the the address provided on the email after the first purchase and and I got their mobile number talking to them on WhatsApp

Will send recorded delivery with tracking?

All good ?
    Azwipe02/02/2022 17:53

Do what you think is right, i've traded on ebay over 15 years and i …Do what you think is right, i've traded on ebay over 15 years and i wouldn't be sending it. Why did the buyer not update his delivery address before reordering? Doesn't make sense.

Might have recently moved house and forgot to change their address on eBay, only realising after they'd seen the confirmation email from eBay after making the purchase. They could very easily be legit but no way to be sure so I'd still cancel and relist.

Seems like the buyer is legitThey have a fast food business and the unit …Seems like the buyer is legitThey have a fast food business and the unit broke down he provided me with the the Google maps address of the business which matches the the address provided on the email after the first purchase and and I got their mobile number talking to them on WhatsApp Will send recorded delivery with tracking?All good ?

You'll need to send via Royal Mail Next Day/Special Delivery if is to be received by Friday and given the value of the item.
    Shyam? The scammer mispelt their own name, never mind the address
    Author
    JimboParrot02/02/2022 20:30

You'll need to send via Royal Mail Next Day/Special Delivery if is to be …You'll need to send via Royal Mail Next Day/Special Delivery if is to be received by Friday and given the value of the item.

Wasn't adverted for that kinda service will be packilnk 2-3 days recorded delivery

spoo02/02/2022 18:15

Might have recently moved house and forgot to change their address on …Might have recently moved house and forgot to change their address on eBay, only realising after they'd seen the confirmation email from eBay after making the purchase. They could very easily be legit but no way to be sure so I'd still cancel and relist.

It was a business address in messages and the eBay address was the home address (edited)

In an hour-long call with ebay CS you were advised to block the buyer and relist.
    You did relist but presumably you didn't block the buyer as the same buyer won again ( ! ).

BigStart02/02/2022 21:29

The second time they purchased it was the same address as first order that …The second time they purchased it was the same address as first order that was given at checkout that was the home address, the address given on the message after purchase was the business address.

You appear to be stating the buyer has again not updated the delivery address prior to the second purchase,
    and has again messaged requesting the same change of delivery address,
    this time with some additional rambling irrelevance about verified business card.

If so, what has changed from the first listing?
    Answer: nothing but the item number.
    Same risk.
    Same credible reasons to not proceed with the transaction.

Just observational, not even opinion.
    fiestasteve4402/02/2022 21:14

No it wouldn’t it would be perfectly fine as if you deliver to the address …No it wouldn’t it would be perfectly fine as if you deliver to the address on the order and ah e proof of delivery then your obligations are fulfilled. End of.

Don't think so, plenty of other scams the buyer can try. Why would you send an item to a person who was clearly trying to scam you? Crazy, very bad advise you are giving here.
    Cancel the sale and block the buyer. Are these simple instructions difficult to understand?

fiestasteve4402/02/2022 21:14

No it wouldn’t it would be perfectly fine as if you deliver to the address …No it wouldn’t it would be perfectly fine as if you deliver to the address on the order and ah e proof of delivery then your obligations are fulfilled. End of.

Are you Shyam by any chance and snooping on this post? (edited)
    dont send to adress other than the one listed the buyer will get your item sent to the other adress then contact ebay in a month open up a case to say he never recived ebay will see that its not been delvered to the adress on file and give his noney back

be warned he will gey your item plus his money and you want have a leg to stand on (edited)
's avatar