Finding SSD's with DRAM

Posted 8th Jan
Having trouble trying to work out which SSD's use DRAM, as it seems to never be mentioned for some reason. Just skimming through them on Amazon right now and can't find anything. Only after a 240gb or similar. Does anyone know how I am supposed to tell?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

13 Comments
Looks like I am going for Crucial MX500 250GB, unless someone has a better idea.
Edited by: "Daniel42" 8th Jan
Luckyluke0208/01/2020 13:26

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/internal-hard-drive/#t=0Ones with cache …https://pcpartpicker.com/products/internal-hard-drive/#t=0Ones with cache

Yep that is perfect, strange about the lack of info, stressful at first heh.
The WD Blue 3D & SanDisk Ultra 3D also have DRAM and are good choices at this price point.

anandtech.com/sho…sds
Edited by: "Gormond" 8th Jan
Gormond08/01/2020 13:36

The WD Blue 3D & SanDisk Ultra 3D also have DRAM and are good choices at …The WD Blue 3D & SanDisk Ultra 3D also have DRAM and are good choices at this price point.https://www.anandtech.com/show/9799/best-ssds

Thanks, WD was the first one I looked at, went to the Questions and answers on Amazon and some plum says it doesn't have it, so I left.
Daniel4208/01/2020 13:42

Thanks, WD was the first one I looked at, went to the Questions and …Thanks, WD was the first one I looked at, went to the Questions and answers on Amazon and some plum says it doesn't have it, so I left.

Strange, The WD Blue 3D & SanDisk Ultra 3D are the same drives and use Micron DDR DRAM going from any review I have read.
Gormond08/01/2020 13:47

Strange, The WD Blue 3D & SanDisk Ultra 3D are the same drives and use …Strange, The WD Blue 3D & SanDisk Ultra 3D are the same drives and use Micron DDR DRAM going from any review I have read.

Yes I read that too, that is how I ended up there, I guess he is putting off potential customers by not having a clue what he is talking about.
Gormond08/01/2020 13:47

Strange, The WD Blue 3D & SanDisk Ultra 3D are the same drives and use …Strange, The WD Blue 3D & SanDisk Ultra 3D are the same drives and use Micron DDR DRAM going from any review I have read.

It is the same on PC part Picker though, listed as having no cache,
Daniel4208/01/2020 13:51

It is the same on PC part Picker though, listed as having no cache,

Yeah, you have to wonder if they have stealthily dropped the cache since all the reviews took place? Would be impossible to tell without having one to check.
Gormond08/01/2020 13:53

Yeah, you have to wonder if they have stealthily dropped the cache since …Yeah, you have to wonder if they have stealthily dropped the cache since all the reviews took place? Would be impossible to tell without having one to check.

That sounds like it could be why, I will just take the Crucial one.
MX500 250gb is on the way, thanks guys.
Daniel4208/01/2020 13:57

That sounds like it could be why, I will just take the Crucial one.

Yeah I would do that too as they are around the same price/performance anyway.
Gormond08/01/2020 13:53

Yeah, you have to wonder if they have stealthily dropped the cache since …Yeah, you have to wonder if they have stealthily dropped the cache since all the reviews took place? Would be impossible to tell without having one to check.

Given how many errors and omissions there are in PCPartPicker listings generally I'd suspect it's a mistake of their part rather than anything to do with WD.

Why are you after a drive with DRAM anyway?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions