Gloss TV Unit

Posted 28th Jul 2023
Hi all, looking for recommendations on places to get a white gloss TV unit with lights please?
Having trouble finding lots but can't find many with reviews.
It looks as though most of them are made of "engineered wood", (whatever that is!), with white gloss doors.
I'm looking for something along these lines.
4175034_1.jpg
Community Updates
New Comment

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Not sure if your budget stretches or if they even have what you want..... But this place is very good quality, I've had one of their tv stands for around 15 years and love it.

quatropi.com/col…nds
    Author
    Thank you. There's some nice ones there but a bit out of my price range.
    Appreciate your help though.
    Most cheaper TV units are made of laminated chipboard.

I would recommend Wayfair, lots of options to choose from. As for LED you can always buy some cheap led tape and DIY it (I've seen 2 meters worth of USB powered RGB tape with remote for as little as £3 recently in Home Bargains)

Example, we bought this without the LED lighting a couple of years ago:

wayfair.co.uk/fur…c3a

Without the LED lighting it was around £60 cheaper. £9 spent on Amazon and we have exactly the same effect saving over £50.
    You can buy these type of led gloss units slightly cheaper on Ebay. I bought a 2m white gloss one 2 years ago for a third of price than quoted on original supplier website. Not bad quality considering paid under £100, not had chipping or scratches either.
    Author
    Thanks, I'll have a look.
    Always a worry off the bay though as never many reviews for the specific product.
    I couldn't find any guidelines for what you can advertise as 'engineered wood' but if they're all saying it then it's probably best to assume that it's just the latest marketing wheeze for chipboard/MDF.

To be fair at £150 you're likely to be let down by the white gloss laminate getting chipped and scratched long before you have to worry about screws pulling out of chipboard.
's avatar