Help! Does anyone know how to get through to an actual person at Hermes?

Posted 4th Feb 2021
I posted an ebay item using Hermes and this is the tracking information-

20 Jan 2021
8:30pm
Delay - please allow 24 hours
19 Jan 2021
4:58pm
Held due to damage
14 Jan 2021
3:58pm
At the national sorting hub
12 Jan 2021
3:35pm
Dropped off at the ParcelShop
11 Jan 2021
10:31pm
Order placed
11 Jan 2021
10:31pm
Tracking number provided
The buyer has quite rightly asked me to follow it up. I have tried Holly the chat bot who tells me it is delayed and will be there shortly. The telephone helpline is also automated and says the same. I can't find any option to actually speak to customer services directly. Can anyone please advise? Thanks so much in advance.
Community Updates
New Comment

18 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Open a case on resolver,I have had 2 items that were lost that turned up after i opened a case on here
    jasyk04/02/2021 18:18

It's impossible to speak to anyone. The only way to "contact" them is via …It's impossible to speak to anyone. The only way to "contact" them is via their telephone number which is just an automated selection of menus where your are fobbed off.

I had to speak to someone at Hermes in December. Their phone lines were down for 'maintenance' for days, then one day I called and after 20 minutes on hold they actually answered. There are staff who work in customer service just getting through to them is the tough part! Hermes don't do phone lines or live chat right, I wish instead of 2 half baked methods of contact they just focused on 1 and do it properly. (edited)
    Hermes is a Greek God who is super quick
    Download the app think you can chat through that
    We have a dedicated phone line to our UK contact centre for customers sending parcels via Hermes: 0330 808 5456. Lines are open 8.30am-4pm Monday to Friday and 8.30am-2pm Saturday. Our opening times vary during the Christmas period. Learn more.

They do have staff who answer the phone, if you can actually get through to them. (edited)
    Magda204/02/2021 17:34

Open a case on resolver,I have had 2 items that were lost that turned up …Open a case on resolver,I have had 2 items that were lost that turned up after i opened a case on here

Link?
    Same issue for me, their phone line seems to be a spiders web of dead ends, shocking company to deal with, had to ask the delivery man himself for information, other than that they recommend to speak to the retailer.
    I had an item delivered through Hermes where the tracking also said "held due to damage" & "delay please allow 24 hours". The item turned up 2 days after expected, in perfect condition. I assumed the tracking messages were an attempt by Hermes to explain the longer than expected wait for delivery.
    It's impossible to speak to anyone. The only way to "contact" them is via their telephone number which is just an automated selection of menus where your are fobbed off.
    let everyone know the
    alisonfitz04/02/2021 18:55

Thanks everyone-I have found a Hermes complaints number so I'll try that …Thanks everyone-I have found a Hermes complaints number so I'll try that tomorrow.

let us all know the number and how you got on....... PLEASE
    I’m not convinced Hermes have any humans that work for them
    We have one due for delivery on the 5th of January so a month ago. Was posted on 15th December but sent to wrong depot for sorting. Rerouting. Can't do anything as forced to enter tracking to get help but details just reads... We will try and deliver in the next 24hours.... Can't phone. Can't email. Dead loss... Just got another item showing today as been routed to wrong depot so here we go again. There is no way to file complaint that we can see.

Oh

When we phoned automated message will ask for tracking number and same message about trying to deliver package. Nothing you say or do gets you forward and call ends.. (edited)
    Author
    Thanks for the advice. I have tried the helpline and the automated message just say that the item is delayed and will arrive shortly there is no option to explain that a 15 day delay needs following up and it's obviously not going to arrive now. I've refunded the buyer.
    Author
    Thanks everyone-I have found a Hermes complaints number so I'll try that tomorrow.
    I've sent dozens of parcels with Hermes and never had an issue. The last parcel I sent appears to be stuck at the national sorting centre. I've submitted a query about it via the chat bot but had no response. What's the best way to claim?
    Author
    It’s so frustrating! I’ve sent many parcels with Hermes without any issues and this is the first time I have ever had a problem. I have now read that their Facebook page may be worth a try.
    I used a ouija board, they said they had delivered it to nextdoor's recycling bin.
    Terrible company, almost worth sending out a dummy parcel and claiming the twenty quid insurance.....if you have the time and patience.
    All your queries or attempts to contact them will result in "contact the sender".

Our Hermes guy is brilliant to be fair if back gate is locked he'll walk around the front to knock which is a couple of minutes walk.

But if anything goes wrong well... good luck.
's avatar