LG TV and warranty

Posted 27th Jul 2023
I've bought an LG C2 48 direct from LG and I am a little concerned about the warranty that came with it.

It came with a 1 year warranty, and then 4 years with Domestic and General which only covers parts I believe. I have spoken to LG and that was pretty painful and they confirmed this tele only gets the standard warranty.

I am thinking of returning it and buying it from Currys instead as they offer a standard 5 year warranty. I know Currys are a nightmare but still sounds like a better warranty.

Does anyone have any experience with D & G they have tried to up sell their warranty at a cost of £10 per month but I'm not interested in that.

Thank for my any comments.
Community Updates
New Comment

11 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Return and buy it from Costco, Richer Sounds or John Lewis.
    Sounds like alot of hassle for something that you probably won't ever use. I've had about 10 TV's and only one had issues with Light spots falling but that was after about 7 years. Like above, the John Lewis would be a good one if you want the 5 year warranty. Curry's are probably a good shout too as if you have any problems you could just go into a store.
    Author
    I agree, but for the same money, a warranty that would actually do something and not cost would be preferable.
    Are you sure the 4 years with D&G is only parts? What makes you believe that?

If it is, then you're right; it's near to useless as they'll sting you on labour.
    No-warranty-required protection against product premature failure is enshrined in legislation and remains in force for up to 6 years after purchase,
    unless you live in a country with rubbish lesser period, such as Scotland.

Manu warranty is non-contractual offer of goodwill, often without much of it.

Extended warranty is insurance, with t&c as defined by ins co at point of purchase and frequently not read by the victim buyer.
    Author
    Thank you, I'm not quite sure what this means if my tele breaks.
    Author
    50668838-0VoFb.jpgThis states it's only a year and on WhatsApp I've had it confirmed. Then labour after that.

John Lewis and richer sounds unfortunately don't have the c2 48 in stock. Bought the tele using a voucher so for £800, if I could find one in John Lewis it's an extra £200.

Basically it's return it to LG and buy from Currys, or just keep it and hope it's never an issue (edited)
    The LG y2-y5 "parts only" extended warranty is golden.

I would relish making a claim on it whilst coincidentally reminding the merchant / credit provider that sold the prematurely-failed busted premium rubbish about Consumer Rights Act 2015 S9 3e.
    It even states it's a "premium" item in the warranty description, where clearly a premium item would not be expected to suffer from early premature failure (compared to "typical" premature failure).
    Hilarious.
's avatar