MacBook Pro 14" M1 Max 64GB 32C

Posted 30th Jul 2023
Has anyone seen any super hot deals for a 14-inch M1 Max? Best I can find is £2400 over at Technohub.

Trying to beat/match an offer Spain's largest Apple reseller had for 2499 Euro. It was a cracking deal for new machines with this spec, not refurbs. Even on Slickdeals (Hotukdeals US equivalent) the best deal I've seen is $2499—before any of their state taxes that might apply. Both were from June.

This is a tough ask but then it seems like anyone with a stock of these left will be clearing as most others have already in favour of the M2 etc. The M1 will be 2 years old in Oct. It will be a tech pensioner

If no one knows of anything, then a long shot could be a group buy option. Drop a line here if that sounds appealing to anyone. Mods feel free to edit out this but if not permitted.

Either way, my take-my-money price is £2100 £2150 at a stretch.
Community Updates
New Comment

2 Comments

's avatar
    M1 seems like an excellent deal to me. The new M2 machines tend to cost twice as much as the M1 deals we keep seeing. For what? 20% increase in speed? Maybe extra cores. Most of us will only be using one core most of the time.
    I’m gutted that I missed the 16” MacBook Pro deal (4TB, 64GB, I think) when I was in holiday.
    Apple still some M1 MacBook Pros on the refurbish site at apple.com/uk/shop/refurbished/mac/2021-16-inch
    We see much better deals from other companies selling old stock, but you need to be quick.
    I don’t think there’s much M1 stock left on shelves. It feels like it’s drying up.

Best MacBook Pro deal this year was Apple MacBook Pro 2021 16 Inch M1 Max 64GB RAM 4TB SSD for £2,756:

laptopsdirect.co.uk/apple-macbook-pro-2021-16-inch-m1-max-64gb-ram-4tb-ssd-silver-mmqw3b-a/version.asp?wgu=3509835_20363_16908349008091_fc000521ef&wgexpiry=1722370900 (edited)
    Author
    Yeah, I think so too. It was hard to unsee that 14-inch M1 Max deal in Spain
     I spotted it too late via Spain's HUKD equivalent. I'd happily take one with a Spanish keyboard, not much difference.

Plus, I could've got it delivered to Ireland where Im based (without much Brexit-related hassle).

2499 euro is about £2150!! They had a 16-inch one as well for 2799 euro.

The M2 has some other small upgrades over the M1, but you'd want to really want them to justify it. The M1 seems like a better investment and then maybe jump to the M3 in 18 months if you want a real jump up (assuming there is one!).

Seemingly Apple has only had half the sales they were expecting on the new 15-inch M2 Air and I wonder if they had too many M2s Pros produced as well.

On the M1 Pro, they discontinued offering it as a direct offer back in Feb, probably safe to assume they stopped production then too. But not sure how it works. Big discounts seemed to start in May/June.

M3 chip arrives later in the year, but probably won't see it in MBP til ~March (or so I hear). (edited)