Manufacturer refunds for Swann Intcam CCTV cameras at end of life December 2022.

Posted 2nd Dec 2022
Edit: refund / discount offers expiry extended from 31 Jan 2023 to 31 March 2023. Same terms.

December 15 2022 sees a disappointing end to an excellent compact self-contained Alexa/GoogleHome-friendly CCTV cam with freebie unrestricted cloud-based movement-footage clips without any of that hilarious Eufy secure-but-not-secure nonsense and lies, but (semi)respect to the manufacturer for offering full refund or discount against alternative.
Refund if still within manu 12m warranty period, and pro-rata CRA-based refund option if beyond 12m.

To save me (and others) trawling specs and exposure to marketing dullness:
if anyone with knowledge of the Swann range is able to suggest a possible near-alternative to consider that uses same app it would be appreciated.
Thanks.

4041980_1.jpg
Manu refund / discount text:

Your INTCAM was Swann’s first generation lithium cell battery camera and manufactured over five years ago. Lithium cell batteries degrade over time and we have been notified of some issues with INTCAMs’ battery when charging. Unfortunately, despite a number of attempts, the battery issue has not been able to be rectified to our satisfaction.

As a result, we are writing to notify you that INTCAM has reached the end of its serviceable life and will no longer be able to charge or communicate with the Swann Security App after December 15, 2022.

We understand that this may cause inconvenience and, as your camera is within its warranty period, we are offering you a refund or the ability to replace your camera with the latest Swann security products at a deeply discounted price.

Thanks for your understanding.

The Swann Team
------------------------

To Claim Your Refund

Please complete & submit the form here swann.com/int…eol
( swann dot com/intcam-eol )

Then our team will be in touch to organize payment

OR

For a Discount on a Replacement

Visit: xx.swann.com/
( where xx = geographic region, so uk for UK users, au for Aus etc, eg:
uk dot swann dot com
au dot swann dot com )

40% discount on other Swann products

Add items to cart & use discount code

SWUK-ALL1
( AU = SWAU-ALL1 )

NOTE: must use the same email address as that used by the camera(s) on your Swann Security app account.
Discount code available for one-time use, until 31 January 2023.

For further enquiries please email intcam@swann.com (please list the country you’re located in in the body of the email)

------------------------
Edit: refund / discount offers expiry extended from 31 Jan 2023 to 31 March 2023. Same terms.
Community Updates
New Comment

4 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Thanks for posting this. I've had a brick for the last two years with Swann fobbing me off - ending up buying a cheaper alt. Hopefully get some pennies back for this balls up of a product!
    Thanks for posting this - I wasn’t notified at all just found out by emailing Swann Customer Support. This other thread might be of use to you and others who find this post forums.whirlpool.net.au/arc…l8q
    I'm finding the code isn't working to get the discount, it says "The gift certificate or coupon code is invalid". Edit, using UK code. (edited)
    Author
    Swann Intcam refund / discount offers expiry extended from 31 Jan 2023 to 31 March 2023.
    Same t/c as original offer.
    If you have not already taken advantage of the offers available, to try to make things easier, we have extended these offers' availability through March 31, 2023.
's avatar