Mesh System & TV Stand help

Posted 6th Jul 2023
Hi All,

Thought I would ask you kind folk a couple of questions to help me out

Mesh system: It's an old Victorian (1900's) house but I was going to install the Main router in to the 3rd Bedroom (Office) so it's not in the front room but wanted decent Wifi throughout the house. Do you guys have any good Mesh system suggestions?

TV Mount: As the picture below I would like to mount my TV to the Chimney breast. It's currently boarded up by the previous owners. Can I just get any mount and put the TV on the wall or so I need to check anything beforehand? They are taken their Electric Wood Burner with them and I will probably replace it with the same thing.
Also, to hide the wires, I was going to drill a small hole to run the wires from behind the TV through the chimney Breast and drill another hole to the side of the chimney breast to connect to a socket in the cupboard... Sensible idea or should I get some trunking and paint it the same colour as the wall? (Although it won't look as good)

Any help is greatly appreciated I move next week so wanted to get a few small things in place beforehand.

4161242_1.jpg
Community Updates
New Comment

3 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Recommendations for mesh Wi-Fi have been mentioned quite often - try search in deals and discussions (edited)
    Author
    I'll have a look, ta
    Re. the TV mount, yes, pretty much any mount that's designed for size and weight.

Remember, heat rises; locate well away from the fire.

Re. wiring plan, sure. As with the mount, it will depend on the difficulty drilling into the chimney breast. If you struggle, then plan b, trunking sounds wise.