Automate the Boring Stuff - Al Swegert, 2,000 free sign ups

Posted 1st May 2023
I can't post this as a deal because it's not my deal but 34 minutes ago this popped up on Reddit. Be quick! The 2,000 sign ups will go in a day.

reddit.com/r/l…he/

f you want to learn to code, I've released 2,000 free sign ups for my course following my Automate the Boring Stuff with Python book (each has 1,000 sign ups, use the other one if one is sold out):

udemy.com/cou…REE

udemy.com/cou…EE2

Udemy has changed their promo code and severely limited the number of sign ups I can provide each month, so only sign up if you are reasonably certain you can eventually finish the course. The first 15 of the course's 50 videos are free on YouTube if you want to preview them.

YOU CAN ALSO WATCH THE VIDEOS WITHOUT SIGNING UP FOR THE COURSE. All of the videos on the course webpage have "preview" turned on. Scroll down to find and click "Expand All Sections" and then click the preview link. You won't have access to the forums and other materials, but you can watch the videos.

NOTE: Be sure to BUY the course for $0, and not sign up for Udemy's subscription plan. The subscription plan is free for the first seven days and then they charge you. It's selected by default. If you are on a laptop and can't click the BUY checkbox, try shrinking the browser window. Some have reported it works in mobile view.

Sometimes it takes an hour or so for the code to become active just after I create it, so if it doesn't work, go ahead and try again a while later.

Some people in India and South Africa get a "The coupon has exceeded it's maximum possible redemptions" error message. Udemy advises that you contact their support if you have difficulty applying coupon codes, so click here to go to the contact form. If you have a VPN service, try to sign up from a North American or European proxy.

I'm also working on another Udemy course that follows my recent book "Beyond the Basic Stuff with Python". So far I have the first 15 of the planned 56 videos done. You can watch them for free on YouTube.

Side note: My latest book, Python Programming Exercises Gently Explained is a set of 42 programming exercises for beginners for free or as a 99 cent ebook.

Frequently Asked Questions: (read this before posting questions)

• This course is for beginners and assumes no previous programming experience, but the second half is useful for experienced programmers who want to learn about various third-party Python modules.
  • If you don't have time to take the course now, that's fine. Signing up gives you lifetime access so you can work on it at your own pace.
  • This Udemy course covers roughly the same content as the 1st edition book (the book has a little bit more, but all the basics are covered in the online course), which you can read for free online at inventwithpython.com
  • The 2nd edition of Automate the Boring Stuff with Python is free online: automatetheboringstuff.com/2e/
  • I do plan on updating the Udemy course for the second edition, but it'll take a while because I have other book projects I'm working on. If you sign up for this Udemy course, you'll get the updated content automatically once I finish it. It won't be a separate course.
  • It's totally fine to start on the first edition and then read the second edition later. I'll be writing a blog post to guide first edition readers to the parts of the second edition they should read.
  • I wrote a blog post to cover what's new in the second edition
  • You're not too old to learn to code. You don't need to be "good at math" to be good at coding.

ATBS is regarded as the flagship way to learn the Python language. I know Android/ Java and completed half of this course, imo he doesn't automate or create enough but that's only a small caveat. It's a great way to learn Python and I fully recommend it.
Community Updates
New Comment

0 Comments

Questions? Opinions? Suggestions?
Discussions
Top Merchants