Cleva robot lawnmower

Posted 14th May 2023
Always wanted a robot lawnmower, but there's been a few things that put me off.

1 - they're completely dumb unlike my xiaomi vacuum, randomly bumping in to things, doesn't know if it's mowing grass or my pea plants.

2 - Faffing about with boundary wires, and then having an outside plug, and then somewhere water proof to store it.

3 - Expensive, £500+ for something that will just bounce from one boundary line to another.

Then by chance I discovered the Cleva robot lawnmower. It doesn't require a boundary wire, but is basic in that there's no app, you plonk it down and set it going. Where it does have some major advantages for £300 is that it has a camera grass detection system. I've had mine going most of yesterday and today, slowly moving from 60mm to 40mm grass length and it's brilliant. Can detect where bushes are, paving slabs, I don't need to move the swing, trampoline or worry about kids being run over. My grass is patchy, so it doesn't ride over the muddy bits either which churns it up.

I went for the one with the strimmer as I needed a new one, £369 but there's also a 10% voucher code CLEVACLOGS, made it £332.99 inc delivery within 48 hours.

Only got stuck once in a ditch part of the garden where it was still a bit muddy, solved by a strategic plant pot.

If you're on the fence like I was, I can recommend it!
Community Updates
New Comment

12 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Which model did you get?
    I can’t see one in this price range without boundary wires
    Author
    LawnMaster VBRM16 MX 24V Drop and Mow Robot Lawnmower and Cordless Grass Trimmer Set

Won't put a direct link incase they don't pay commission and a mod kicks off

Edit - is same price at b&q minus the discount, but some employer schemes might offer one (edited)
    I have a Worx Landroid and think it's one of the best gadgets I've ever bought but I understand where you are coming from with the boundary wires. They are a bit annoying! I've never heard of the Cleva robot and it seems really cheap for a robot mower, especially one that doesn't need boundaries. There must be some sort of drawback to be priced so cheaply? I will definitely check it out though!
    Author
    I guess main drawback is you need to manually set it going, there's no app etc.
Top Merchants