Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Does anyone know if you can get a 12v car cigarette socket adapter that comes with a remote control?

Posted 16th Jul 2023
  • Hello, does anyone know if you can get something similar to the added picture, but it has a remote control feature.
  • 4168341_1.jpg
Community Updates
New Comment

13 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Author
    That is even better. Thank you so much. I've been googling for ages and couldn't find anything. This is better than what i was thinking.
    You can put a remote switch on the wiring under the socket or by the fuse box. (edited)
    Author
    Thanks for the reply. I don't want to mess with the wiring. Surely everything must be something out there.
    £14.39 delivered Prime / pickup for combination of
    • 3 x switched 12V accessory sockets
    • 4 x USB inc QC3 + 2.4A
    • voltage indicator.
    Combined max 10A via existing accessory socket.
    UK seller.

Search Amazon for ASIN:
    B0C5X98RW8
    Author
    No remote control though?
    Check the rated output of whatever you are buying. The item pictured is available from Poundland and similar, and is capable of one high power device ie dashcam or satnav, or a couple of low power, otherwise it blows a fuse or just will not carry the power.
    If it doesn't list an output then leave it
    Author
    The link that someone posted is 3amp. I have no clue about this stuff. Basically, the socket will be used to power my fridgefreezer in the back, which is max 80w. I also have a 30w shower thing for my dog. Both won't be on at the same time. The socket in my car has a 180w max output. The swwitch/remote part is so i can turn bothe on or off whilst in driving seat.
's avatar